Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi new here, have a 2004 Tundra Dbl cab...lately noticed that tranny 'bumps' ever so slightly, ex. coasting up to a red light and sometimes you can feel a 'bump' as the tranny shifts into first gear. Its never done that before and I've never had that happen on any other vehicle I've ever owned....also hard shifts during easy acceleration. Is this the LSD? How to check the fluid level? Forgive me for simple questions. Thanks in advance.

sorry, just noticed wrong forum. Will copy.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
you are on the 1st Gen Forum! is ita 4x4? have ya ever had tranny fluid serviced and who did the service? just do not let warranty run out!!

·
Registered
287 Posts
its the infamous "clunk". A good number of Tundras have it. My 04' AC started doing it around 30k miles, and my 06' started doing it around 5k. Some people say its the driveshaft. Do a search for it.
as for the hard shifts, maybe you do need to drain and refill your tranny fluid, mine shifts harder then normal, but not bad enough for it to bother me.

·
Registered
136 Posts
its the infamous "clunk". A good number of Tundras have it. My 04' AC started doing it around 30k miles, and my 06' started doing it around 5k. Some people say its the driveshaft. Do a search for it.
as for the hard shifts, maybe you do need to drain and refill your tranny fluid, mine shifts harder then normal, but not bad enough for it to bother me.
mine too!!! no biggie though

1 - 4 of 4 Posts