Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '04 V-8 has about 32,000 miles on it and I'm wondering if I should do anything to it other than the regular 30K service seeing that it's almost 7 years old. Waddayathink????

·
Registered
67 Posts
all fluids and spark plugs.. that's it. I've got an '04 as well with 58K and all I've done was fluids and plugs .. and recently a water pump :)cry3d: and a timing belt :eek: because the coolant leaked on the belt. Good to go for you with just fluids and plugs though!

·
Registered
335 Posts
I think that's LOW miles!! I bet she's a beauty! Any Pictures?
Oh Yeah the Service...I have 42K on my 04 and I have followed the Toyota service plan. I don't worry about time intervals except for the Oil/Coolant.
I also will be having the Timing Belt done at 108 Months.

<TUNDRA>

·
Premium Member
2,366 Posts
My '04 V-8 has about 32,000 miles on it and I'm wondering if I should do anything to it other than the regular 30K service seeing that it's almost 7 years old. Waddayathink????
I'd just do maintenance items that can deteriorate from exposure and time. My 2004 has 52,000 miles on it and I've only changed the serpentine belt with a Goodyear Gatorback, flushed and replaced it's coolant, brake fluid and done it's oil/filter changes and greasing it's drive shafts on a schedule that takes into consideration short drives and winter weather. I do these myself because I enjoy performing them and have a garage to do them in. I'm not concerned with the timing belt just yet because I feel it's age isn't a factor in the Minnesota climate. Other members may have differing opinions but these have worked for me over 50 years of vehicle ownership and a variety of types of cars/trucks.

Larry

1 - 4 of 4 Posts