Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm noticing that sometimes, and seemingly more often lately, in the middle of a tank of gas, the mpg on the display will reset itself to zero, and then it seems to start recalculating the mpg from that point, rather than waiting until the tank is filled.

Not that it's affecting performance or anything, but I don't know if its maybe a precursor to more serious computer problems down the road.

Has anyone else noticed this?

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 05 also rests every time I shut it off. Upon restart the mpg is recalculated. The car has done this since new so I thought it was just part of the wacky-minded nav/display system.;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't noticed the mpg resetting to zero every time I shut it off, this is in the middle of a trip, with the car running. I'll be driving along, look down, and the mpg is at or near zero, and is gradually increasing again.

·
Registered
214 Posts
What model is this? Maybe we could figure out, and search for the hidden TSB's (If any)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I wish I could get mine to reset for a trip etc by turning the car off!!!

BUT man I can't argue with the mileage I'm getting. My computer seems to be about 1 mpg optimistic compared to actual tank fill and mileage. This weekend I got a 35 mpg on the computer from a trip down local country roads at about 62 mph so I figure it was really good for about 34mpg. Had a slight tailwind and no air cond on....pretty flat roads. Still it's a big WOW in my book.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts