Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My 2005 sequoia blower recently started "humming." It still works fine, but it is definitely noisier, and the noise changes pitch (lower) when I put the fan on slower speed. I only use A/C (florida).

Is this an easy item to remove and replace? Is it removed through the engine compartment, or dash? Can it be removed without taking out the heater, etc?

Thanks!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Good deal, maybe something is caught in the blower motor. Does the Sequoia have a in cabin air filter? I just replaced one on our other car and it was nasty after a couple years.....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When I took it out, a very small leaf fell out. I find it hard to believe this was the source of the problem, but after putting it back on all wor[ks fine.

I think I have a cabin filter... I just don't know where it is. (2005 sequoia limited)

·
Registered
190 Posts
Nice, glad you were able to find the source and get rid of the noise. I just did a few searches and it looks like the Gen 1 Sequoia does not have a cabin air filter.

Guess we won't need to buying any for our Sequoias, although it looks like they do a good job at preventing debris from entering the system from looking at how dirty the one was in my wife's 2008 car that is only city driven.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mine just started the same humming noise. Loud on full fan speed and not really noticeable on low speed. Is that all it typically turns out to be is something rubbing on the fan? Has anyone experienced anything different?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts