Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 Camry with (I believe) the factory installed six speaker JBL system. I want (need, actually since the CD player is shot) to replace it with a after market Kenwood with BT, iPod control, etc. However, Crutchfield warns that the "Info" button on the steering wheel will no longer activate the trip computer if the radio is not the factory one. (I'm guessing that all of the buttons from the steering wheel (volume up/dwn, etc, along with "info") route through the radio harness. A simple test: I have the radio out of the car now, and the Info button does not work.

Does anyone know a workaround? Can someone post the wiring diagram for the 2005 Camry with 6 speaker JBL system, 4 door coupe? Does anyone sell an aftermarket wiring harness that allows the "info" button to work?

I would be most appreciative ... I have the car torn apart and need to resolve this.

Thanks for this forum ... very helpful,
DZ

·
Registered
514 Posts
Good luck.

Sounds like you don't have a Service Manual and didn't have a plan even knowing the consequences....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Still in the planning stages, still have all the original stuff, and haven't purchased the new unit yet.

Anyone with useful information, please post now,
DZ

1 - 3 of 3 Posts