Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
So I want to tint my drivers and passanger side windows to match the stock tint used for the rear. Anyone know what the tint is? Also any brand suggestions? I've done it before on my old truck with solid results, so my main concern is getting a tint match on the windows so it looks good.

Snow be damned.... here comes Spring!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Did mine in Nov. the installer told me it was 20% so I went with that and it matches pretty good. I think he used 3M brand.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Many states (including Arizona) will not allow you to tint that dark.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I suck as a lawyer, but i figure if the rear windows are tinted to a certain level, tinting the front and passanger side windows to the same level is not an attempt to hide a hand gun! Or a beer or a crack pipe, which is the main concern of law enforcement I think. Thank God I don't have to do that!~

I just think it looks stupid not having them tinted! Just by tinting the windows, it pulls the whole vehicle together! Still hope one of our TUNDRA Brethern can come forward with factory tint level for sure!

·
Registered
99 Posts
I live in California where it is illegal to tint your front windows anything beyond factory. I currently have Solarguard 'medium' tint which i believe is 30%. never had any problems with the police. My rear windows are all limo tinted at 5%.

I'd honestly tint all your windows. It is very hard to match the factory 'darkness level' because it is not actually tint film. It is a spray on or "dip" that is applied to the windows at the factory. The tundra's tint is also slightly brown/amber color. I saw a double cab the other day with 20% tint on the front with rear stock 'tint'. Front tint appeared black while the rear appeared brown. Very ugly IMO. I'd just throw on a light tint in the back and a medium tint in the front. You'll find that higher quality tints (such as 3M or SolarGuard) will block not only UV rays, but heat as well. Your factory windows merely block a little light with little to no UV or heat protection.

BTW I paid 165$ total for my front and rear windows tinted with SolarGuard. Could have been 125$ if I went with the cheaper stuff. I have a SR5 though. But just giving you ballpark price for lifetime warranty tint. Hope this helps

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
3M window tint :tu: :tu:

3M's certified installers have computerized machines that cut the tint film to the exact size for each window. aside from that little tidbit, it's a great product that will last a long time.

different states have different tint laws, so check them out. from what i have gathered though, in general, as long as you are not driving like a maniac or drawing unnecessary attention to yourself, for the most part law enforcement officers have much better things to do than pull you over for a questionable tint. and we're talking about a toyota tundra here, not some overly modified sports car. tint away!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got my car tinted last month and I'm really satisfied with how it goes. I consulted http://www.TintBuyer.com about the different brand and types of tints available in the market. They even provided other information such as its prices, laws involved in every state and most importantly they help me locate the best window tinters near my area. I hope this one helps, thanks and good luck :cool:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
HEY! You tundra guys are the best!! Thanks for the replies. I'm sure the tint is a factory sprayed tint so getting an exact match is improbable. You guys have enlightened me. Thanks Dad08, I'll check it out.

Thanks again

1 - 9 of 9 Posts