Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got 120k miles on my DC and the front seems to sit quite a bit lower than it did when new. I am planning to do shocks all-around and brakes when the weather warms up. Whats the best way to bring it back to factory height?
:ts:

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
hi , the cheapest way is buy the helper spring.
they will araise it back up.
but maybe you hauled alot of stuff, or did alot of triailering.
only you know.
maybe you have broken leaf spring/spring's.
check into all this before you just buy shock's.
there are many way's to go.
2" lift 2 1/2 lift 3", and so on.
but you have to check the leaf springs 1st.
putting on shock's will not fix your issue, if you have worn out leaf spring's.
you will be wasting your money.
your new shocks ,will just wear out to, fast if it is your weak/broken leaf spring's.
have it checked out. than make a wise choise.
most mechanic's will check it out for you for free.
bring it into your dealership for a oil change, & ask them to check it out, & give you a estimate to fix.
now you will know what is wrong, for the cost of a oil change.
good luck,
gorilla

·
Professional Driver
501 Posts
You dont have leaf springs in the front. If the front is sagging, chances are your springs are worn out. If you want the stock height, your best bet would be to find new front coil springs. Keep an eye on the classifieds, there are lots of stock springs on there I have seen. Everything gorilla said is right for the rear, but the front is much different. There are no helper springs for the front. Also, replacing the shocks will not raise the truck back up, and they will wear out faster if the springs are worn.

Oh, Bilstein 5100's will raise the truck If you want, but if your springs are worn I wouldn't recomend it.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
my bag, i assumed it was the rear.
most of the time it is always the rear.
i guess i read it wrong. sorry
still check it checked by a real mechanic 1st.
it could be a few things.
gorilla

·
Registered
415 Posts
Technically there are helpers for the front. They are called spring spacers and can be purchased from any auto parts store. They are little twist in aluminum blocks that go in between the coils. These will roughen your ride and can spring out at any time so if you can get a set of springs to replace them with I would def do that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts