Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drivers side dash vent (between steering wheel and window) doesn’t blow any air, open or closed position. All other dash vents work as they should. Can’t find anything about it online. Is there an actuator door for just that vent?

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
Pretty sure 05 is cable operated and all dash vents are on the same blend door. You wont know till you start poking around. Look up under the steering wheel with a flash light for something obvious like that vent tube being dislodged. Also try changing the vent selector when you are under there and see what is, and what is not moving around.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven’t owned the truck that long. I took a look at the actuator connected to that cable, and it all appeared to be in working order. Removed the lower dash panel so I could look at the duct, and found the problem...it ain’t there! Someone removed it and taped over the manifold connection in the center console. So now I have to find that piece of duct somewhere.
The truck was outfitted with handicap gear, so that duct may have been removed to make room for the interface box.

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
Well at least you found the problem. Any scrap yards in your area that have a Tundra? I would bet that pretty much any gen 1 will have the same ducting and its probably not a part that gets picked very often.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts