Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had issues with the coating on your alloy wheels bubbling and peeling? I've looked at several trucks just like mine and see no sign of this.

What solutions do I have other then deal with it?

I know this has been mentioned before but I wasn't able to find any threads about it.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
I haven't had that however I've noticed that the coating is fragile and is easily marred.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
if you are not to handy in the painting department... check out a local wheel repair center. if you don't know of one, call any car dealership and ask them who they use for wheel repairs. you could probably get what you have taken care of for less than a franklin and it'll look as good as new. i had curb rash on a painted rim and i took it in for repair. for $85.00 it looked brand new when they got finished with it. i could not tell where they repaired the wheel at all.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've noticed a very little bit of chipping in between the spokes. I don't drive many miles though, just 47,000 miles total

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Mine look like crap. So do my wife's on her 06 Sienna with 30k miles. Cheap rims. I say drive on till they are shot. Next time you need tires, just get a package deal from some place like tire rack. Probably at lot less money that repairing them all the time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts