Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello -

Just looking for some feedback on a potential purchase. Here is the scoop, 2005, 35K on the clock, white, Nav/DVD, all the floor mats, headphones, extra air bags, etc... CPO. Dealership Owner's vehicle, never off road, excellent condition. They are asking $36.3. Edmunds says $35.9.

That just seems high to me for an about to be 5 year old vehicle? Thought maybe some owners or someone more knowledgeable than me had an informed thought/opinion.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I'm not to sure I would solely look at edmunds for pricing. You need to look at local ads, autotrader.com, Kelly Blue Book, NADA etc. This will give you an accurate idea of what they are selling for in your area. Also, it's not uncommon for these vehicles to be priced higher than blue book value if in excellent condition. That FJ was probably over 55k new, and it only has 35k miles on it and it's loaded. I don't think I would blink an eye over a difference of 400 dollars especially if you haven't haggled with them yet. Another thing you want to check is that the body is in good shape and all the panels line up, and all of them have the VIN number. Check for overspray, and look for peeling paint around the door trim and windows. You don't want to end up with a salvaged title, or find out later that it was smashed on one side. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Can we get a moderator to boot this guy??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts