Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 Sienna LE with the passenger sliding door. If I press the door open OR door close button and the door is either in the fully open or fully closed position, the door will attempt to move forward, but acts like it is jammed and does not move. If I pull out on the handle it does the same thing and does not move. IF I pull out on the handle and keep the handle pulled out until it starts to move, I can let go of the door and it will close or open completely. Same thing if it either fully opened or closed.

I have removed the pin that the lock catches at the fully open position and it made no difference. I have to Hold Out on the Handle and do not let the handle go back in until the door is moving.

I read and tried the resetting the sliding instructions found on this site, and it still does not release the door to move. Once I hold out on the handle it works.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you send me any info on how to replace? how to get to the actual part? Where it is located? This started when i forced the door open from the inside after an icestorm last year. Any info you can send me would be much appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
memory is a bit fuzzy but here goes. once the door panel is removed you should see a mess of cables and linkages. look near the center of the large black metal plate, should see a medium sized electronic actuator with a plug and a single cable attatched. now with the door panel off and sitting inside van, close the door completely and try to open with the button only(dont force anything), now try to locate actuator by sound and feel for clicking sound. if it is the one im thinking of it is easy to replace, on the other hand i dont know where(other than dealer) you would be able to find such a specific part. good luck, ill research it some tommorrow as ill have direct access to repair manuals

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got the same symptoms in a 2004 Sienna.

Found someone in another forum posting that the Door Lock Release Motor is the problem;
PN: 8562008061 and he paid dealer $103.09 for it.

Searching at this website => I Need Toyota Parts - then we got em

Found this.
Item Number MSRP Core Price Price
8562008061 $103.09 $0.00 $75.62

MOTOR ASSY, SLIDE DO

Now I just need some advice, pictures or pdf of procedure on how to replace. Affected door is the passenger side sliding door.

How much should this work cost at the dealer?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
14 Posts
its been a while since ive had one apart but i remember it not taking very long and depending on the labor rate at you dealer it should be less than $175 to replace(labor only).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts