Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently, I had all four tires replaced with Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenzas and just had them rotated after 5K miles and noticed that the outside tread was feathering and the inside tread was wearing excessively. The center treads seemed ok. Is this an alignment issue or a suspension issue? I only have 60K on the truck with city/hwy driving and no towing. I did have the rack & pinon replaced under warranty just before the tires were replaced. I also had an alignment done when I had my tires replaced.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Sounds like alignment to me.

By the way, Alenzas are the best tires I've ever had, and have most of family on them now. My original tires went 50,000 miles, the Alenzas went 55,000 miles and still had some left went I put on the second set of Alenzas (third set of tires overall). This king of mileage and I hardly EVER rotate them.

Funny, they wanted to align the truck and I said, "Don't touch it!" My tire wear has been perfectly even all the way through.

Years ago, I did convert the alignment to "DJ's Specs" from this forum, and it was a huge improvement in driveability.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sounds like alignment to me.

By the way, Alenzas are the best tires I've ever had, and have most of family on them now. My original tires went 50,000 miles, the Alenzas went 55,000 miles and still had some left went I put on the second set of Alenzas (third set of tires overall). This king of mileage and I hardly EVER rotate them.

Funny, they wanted to align the truck and I said, "Don't touch it!" My tire wear has been perfectly even all the way through.

Years ago, I did convert the alignment to "DJ's Specs" from this forum, and it was a huge improvement in driveability.
We have a 2001 Limited 2WD with the Dueler Alenzas and have 30K on them. Wear bars on all four tires are showing with even wear, so I'm curious how you get 55K out of yours. We've yet to get more than 30K out of a set of tires. All have been Bridgestone of some sort. So Im looking for something different

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'm not sure what's different.

I do specify "DJ's Specs" for alignment (that I found here at TS) and run the pressures near the max as written on the sidewall. The tire stores (and most people) tend to set them WAY under the max. At the expense of a little ride quality, I get better gas mileage, better handling, better load carrying (that's what the max is for) and I guess better wear.

·
Premium Member
2,842 Posts
We have a 2001 Limited 2WD with the Dueler Alenzas and have 30K on them. Wear bars on all four tires are showing with even wear, so I'm curious how you get 55K out of yours. We've yet to get more than 30K out of a set of tires. All have been Bridgestone of some sort. So Im looking for something different
My wife's 2001 4WD SR5 has Michelin LTX M/S that will hit the wear indicators after about 120,000 miles. My 2000 Tundra 4WD SR5 is the same. The original Bridgestones on the Sequoia lasted about 24,000 miles, and the original BFGs on the Tundra lasted about 18,000 miles.

The secret is simple: there are no substitutes for quality tires, proper alignment, and non-aggressive driving habits.

So, when pricing new tires, I suggest Michelin LTX M/S2. Rather than considering the cost to buy, consider the cost per mile to use.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts