Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just bought a 2005 Sequoia and have been going through trying to fix what small things there are that are bad.

The driver side mirror motor had the classic "ticking/ratcheting" sound which resulted in the previous owner cutting 2 wires in the harness that connects to the mirror switch and then just disconnecting the switch.

So fast forward to yesterday, I reconnected the wires and began trying to trouble shoot the mirror motor. I knew I had power to fold the mirrors but still no power to adjust mirror position even with all wires connected. I was trying to track down what power was going where and when checking the pins in the harness on the driver door, my multimeter touched two pins at the same and there was a small spark. It sounded like a fuse blew. After this, the clock in the center dash and the cigarette lighter to the left of the height control no longer had power. The ring around the lighter did still light up.

Now the weird thing is I lost the fold away feature from the mirror switch which I previously did have, but then I could adjust mirror position.

I've checked all fuses under the dash (visual + continuity) and under the hood (visual). I will be doing a continuity check under the hood in the next day or so.

I do have power at the fuse panel for the cigarette lighter but something is stopping it from getting to the plug for the lighter. I've done some searching and see that some people have fried the mosfet on the back of the gauges when installing an aftermarket radio with dimmer control. Everything in my truck is factory (JBL navigation w/ rear entertainment) but there is an aftermarket aux input module that was installed.

If everything checks out under the hood in the fuse panel, I'm tempted to try a different gauge panel but don't want to waste money. Is there a relay somewhere that may have gotten fried?

Does anyone have a diagram for the outside side mirror harness? That way I can see what pins were crossed to try to point me upstream to what was damaged.

Open to any ideas!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So last night I confirmed all fuses under the hood have continuity. The weird thing is when the truck is running, the cigarette lighter harness only registers 0.02v. So it is connected, but full voltage isn't getting through.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have read multiple mirror threads pertaining to folding motor. My prob is the drivers mirror doesnt work for up/down OR fold. The passenger mirror works for all functions. Anyone have wiring diagram to help troubleshoot?
Kodi Lucky Patcher nox

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have read multiple mirror threads pertaining to folding motor. My prob is the drivers mirror doesnt work for up/down OR fold. The passenger mirror works for all functions. Anyone have wiring diagram to help troubleshoot?
Kodi Lucky Patcher nox
Pop out the switch in the center console and you might see some of the wires clipped or unhooked. I don't have a wiring diagram but the information is out there. The previous owner of my sequoia specifically said that the driver's side was messed up and they just set the mirrors in a solid spot and unhooked the electric adjustment.

On advice of a thread here, I just went in and cut one of wires. I think it was yellow. That disabled the auto folding mirrors but still left the option to use the normal pan/tilt adjustments for the mirrors.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts