Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how they look ? I have a friend with a lowered frontier, and another friend with a lowered silverado. Both of them said that my tundra would look sick lowered, so i took a side shot and did some photoshop work on it, and it does look pretty cool lowered. I remember seeing on this site about TundraRacing.com, so i checked it out, and it not expensive at all. The only problem is I cant find a body shop that would help out .. are they easy to do with me and some friends, or would i need a body shop to do it ?

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
if i am not mistaken, the sos kit comes with instructions on how to do the install on their complete kits. i believe this is what i saw on their website.

i'd call em up! they are nice folks who know the various in's and out's of lowering your tundra. i'm working with them now on some new rear shackles and some other other custom pieces. my dealings with them so far tell me there is quite a bit of experience behind what they are offering. if that changes, i'll let you know. and i just don't get that it will. good luck!

·
I'm just here for the food!
600 Posts
yes the kit does come with instructions on how to install...slight modifications will be necessary if you already have say a custom exhaust installed. The shop down here had to cut it and I just had new pipes welded in to clear some of the parts. For my '05 DC, I don't have the trd package so for my rear shocks, I went with the bilstein x-runner shocks and have not had any problems ever since.

I also second the comment about their customer service, Tom and his crew were awesome in helping me remedy the problem because I was freaking out when the truck was at the shop getting the kit installed...I also have custom front rotors and the rear disc brake conversion kit from him so i can attest to his quality parts and customer service.

I gave him some pics of my truck with it installed on his website under cool rides...there are other tundras in there of various models to browse from so give that a gander and hopefully it should help you make your decision.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
i've sent payment to them and am awaiting my parts. they have answered all of my emails promptly, even on weekends which i was not expecting at all, and they have given me great advice on how to lower the rear of my truck while maintaining the ride quality and-get this- the rear suspension travel too. all parts will be bolt on so i can do it all myself. and if i ever want to take it back to stock height, no problems.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
got an email from tom. payment has been received. they will be fabricating my parts and mailing them out soon. when i receive the parts and do the install, i will start a new thread on the project.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts