Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Tundra SR5 Double Cab
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I just bought a 2005 Tundra and now noticed that the Cargo Lamp button does not illuminate when pushed. Also the 2 cargo lights in the back (on top of rear window) do not turn on either. I checked the fuse in the engine compartment (fuse #13, 7.5amp) and it's still good. The bulbs are good as well. Could some with knowledge give me the steps to troubleshoot this issue? These lights are seldom needed, but I like to have everything on my truck working.

Thanks,
Bevo

·
Registered
9 Posts
I pulled my fuse as I'm running a cap on the back and it would stay on sometimes.

Not sure if that is the case from the previous owner - but since you checked the fuse you could also see if that button was disconnected? Easy to pull that part of the dash.

Then it's a matter of getting the multimeter out and seeing if you have voltage to the button and/or the lamps in the back

·
Registered
2005 Tundra SR5 Double Cab
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I was was planning to check power to the button as you described, but I have never taken apart a dash before so I was afraid I might break something and make it worse.

I pulled my fuse as I'm running a cap on the back and it would stay on sometimes.

Not sure if that is the case from the previous owner - but since you checked the fuse you could also see if that button was disconnected? Easy to pull that part of the dash.

Then it's a matter of getting the multimeter out and seeing if you have voltage to the button and/or the lamps in the back

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I was was planning to check power to the button as you described, but I have never taken apart a dash before so I was afraid I might break something and make it worse.
Thats where Youtube becomes your best friend.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts