Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best way to remove adhesive or old stick on items from my dashboard with out damaging it ?

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
Goo gone. Clean with a damp cloth afterwards and you will be fine.

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
Forgot to say, if you still have some items stuck to the dash and not just the residue use a piece of fishing line to cut them off. Had a mirror stuck to the wall and it took half the paint off with it. Second one I used the fishing line trick and it worked perfect.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Forgot to say, if you still have some items stuck to the dash and not just the residue use a piece of fishing line to cut them off. Had a mirror stuck to the wall and it took half the paint off with it. Second one I used the fishing line trick and it worked perfect.
I think it's more like an old thin foam residue from a mat that was placed under a dash mat to keep it from slipping, left tiny spots on parts of the dash board, I'm sure the heat didn't help things much either, but will try Goo Gone today, will let you know how it worked ! Thanks again.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No luck with Goo Gone, didn't even touch it. Guess will start looking for replacements. Several demo shops up around Sacramento, The only issue I have with replacing it is the air bag on right side, not sure how that hooks up to the dash. Dashmat on now for the time being !

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
Disconnect the battery if you are concerned about an airbag going off.
Maybe take a picture of the area where the residue is to show others. Someone might see it and know exactly what it is or how to get rid of it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Disconnect the battery if you are concerned about an airbag going off.
Maybe take a picture of the area where the residue is to show others. Someone might see it and know exactly what it is or how to get rid of it.
Ya I thought about that after I sent out the reply, it almost looks like some kind of mat was placed on dash and got so hot it left tiny white spots that melted into the dash, whats really odd is that there are no spots over the airbag panel in the dash panel itself, will continue to work on this, as a very last resort, wiil replace it, no hurry for now. Thanks for the reply.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts