Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know who makes the best front end lift spacers/kits ? Looking to raise my front end up 1" for new ALY69430U20N wheels. Don't really want to change the way my truck sits, my have to lift the rear an inch., also. Any help ? Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Bilstein 5100 shocks have multiple perch settings to change ride height and they're great riding, affordable shocks.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
2015 Toyota Tundra DC SR5 5.7L
8,534 Posts
Spacer lifts suck. As Albacore said, the Bilstein 5100 series adjustable front struts allow you to set your ride height by installing the lower spring perch at different notches. I've had both. If you can't afford a true coilover (Icon, King, Fox, etc), then the 5100s are your best bet to level the front of your 1-Gen Tundra.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Spacer lifts suck. As Albacore said, the Bilstein 5100 series adjustable front struts allow you to set your ride height by installing the lower spring perch at different notches. I've had both. If you can't afford a true coilover (Icon, King, Fox, etc), then the 5100s are your best bet to level the front of your 1-Gen Tundra.
View attachment 153093
Thanks for the info ! What exactly are coilovers ? Complete strut assembly ?

·
2015 Toyota Tundra DC SR5 5.7L
8,534 Posts
Thanks for the info ! What exactly are coilovers ? Complete strut assembly ?
The term "coilovers" is slang for "coil-over-strut", the front suspension design typically incorporated with double-wishbone suspensions that utilizes a gas-tube strut inside a spring (aka "coil") providing the vehicle's support as well as compression and rebound damping.

Offroad suspension manufacturers (Icon, King, Fox, etc) typically sell their front assemblies as a kit (strut + coil). Some designs are adjustable, i.e. one of the coil's ends can be compressed/moved by the use of a threaded collar on the outside of the strut housing to change the vehicle's static ride height. In addition to ride height adjustment, they can offer increased suspension travel, user-adjustable compression and rebound damping settings, and rebuildability (seals, gas and oil).

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The term "coilovers" is slang for "coil-over-strut", the front suspension design typically incorporated with double-wishbone suspensions that utilizes a gas-tube strut inside a spring (aka "coil") providing the vehicle's support as well as compression and rebound damping.

Offroad suspension manufacturers (Icon, King, Fox, etc) typically sell their front assemblies as a kit (strut + coil). Some designs are adjustable, i.e. one of the coil's ends can be compressed/moved by the use of a threaded collar on the outside of the strut housing to change the vehicle's static ride height. In addition to ride height adjustment, they can offer increased suspension travel, user-adjustable compression and rebound damping settings, and rebuildability (seals, gas and oil).
Thanks for the info !

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
If you like how your truck rides and just want it a little bit taller up front, 5100s all day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts