Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Always On the Move
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm surprised I haven't seen this mentioned on here before I came across it on Toyota's website. What do you guys think about it? I think they did it half-assed. Especially when you see the Dodge Ram SRT-10... THAT'S a sport truck!

http://www.toyota.com/vehicles/future/xrunner/index.html

V6...?
240 hp...?
0-6 JUST OVER 7 seconds...?

Am I missing something here?

·
Registered
860 Posts
Its been mentioned before, its a Tacoma. Its pretty quick for a taco. Check the taco page. One thing I learned a couple months ago, if you think you just found something new about toyota trucks, theres probably 3 threads about it already ;) I found that out when I posted about the Monster Garage tundra, yet the show I saw was a re-run and it had a thread from months ago.
http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23205

·
Driver of 2 Tundra trucks
6,307 Posts
file014 said:
Its been mentioned before, its a Tacoma.
file014, I can't say I like that dressed up Taco. However,
I can say you have one of the best signature's on this forum :D

2003 V6 Tundra long bed, stock intake, stock leaf springs, stock tokico shocks, stock exhaust, stock absent sway bar, stock bench seat, stock cupholders, stock 16 inch steel rims with full wheelcovers, stock badging, stock grille, walmart rubber floor mats ;)

***UPDATE 2-11-04***
New Toyota Battery, replaced under warranty
Smaller than the original, lacks the "seeing eye"
This is what your $70 all weather package gets you

I may have to get you some Toyota all-weather mats so you can be all stock.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Im just keepin it real. I do have tundra carpet floor mats, but they are under the rubber walmart ones. My truck isnt all stock either, cuz my first battery died and I had to get a replacement, though its another toyota battery (aka junk). Then theres the grill guard and "police interceptor" decal on the tailgate...

·
Registered
189 Posts
I don't suppose anyone noticed that is the NEW Tacoma. It is larger than the current Taco. I like the styling and I suspect the 4X4 version will make me awfully jealous. I may just have to get me one.
The styling should probably give us some clues as to how the new Tundra and it's 3/4 ton variant might appear the following year.

I could be wrong but it seems to me that a larger Tacoma with up to 300 hp as stated using the supercharger would be a beast and an awfully fun machine. Still, I would prefer the Tundras 4.7.

I read about the manifolds and the "piston slap" and bla bla bla and meanwhile my 00 Tundra motors along in total sielnce, 100% problem free and darn sure has no piston slap at 50,000 miles. Some people, like my brother, could tear up a piece of tool steel and never suspect that he is the problem. My boss has had, in the last two and one half years, three brand new Fords and one Chevy and another new Ford. Each of them had some kind of problem. He bought a Rolex watch and it too was, according to him defective, three watches later and two different brands none of them are acceptable!
I don't believe in lemons but I do believe some people are extremely destructive without realizing it.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Don't Forget These Options

7.62mm said:
file014,
I can say you have one of the best signature's on this forum :D

New Toyota Battery, replaced under warranty
Smaller than the original, lacks the "seeing eye"
This is what your $70 all weather package gets you
All weather package also gets you Heated Power Outside Mirrors, Heavy Duty Starter and Heavy Duty Heater.

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
03SilverSky said:
All weather package also gets you Heated Power Outside Mirrors, Heavy Duty Starter and Heavy Duty Heater.
Agreed, thats what I also have on my 2003 Toyota Tundra 4x4 V8 :)

Sanosuke!
Return to Japan - Spring 2004 (Bonus: Singapore)

·
Premium Member
2,881 Posts
That X-Runner is more in line with the current S-Runner Taco. I think it is a huge step forward for Toyota. It has a 6 speed manual, us Tundra drivers should only be so lucky. It has 18" rims. These are very unlike Toyota, so it is a step forward. I don't think it was intended to compete with the SRT-10 though.

I do think it should come with a factory supercharger option, not just TRD. A 4.7L V8 would really be the ticket. Perhaps in the future we will see that. I still think that the X-Runner will be a fun truck though. It has a 6 speed, good power, and supposedly awesome handling. It sounds like a good platform to build on.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I think it's definitely a step in the right direction, especially for a company as ho-hum as Toyota. Not too fond of the "Colorado-like" fender lines, but overall, it's not a bad sport truck. Now, whether or not they can keep it under the $25k range is the question.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I like it- want to see a production 4x4 version...

Tuns-o-fun said:
I think it's definitely a step in the right direction, especially for a company as ho-hum as Toyota. Not too fond of the "Colorado-like" fender lines, but overall, it's not a bad sport truck. Now, whether or not they can keep it under the $25k range is the question.
I think the pics I've seen of the 05 Tacoma show promise of good things to come. Its a cleaner, simpler design than the current Tacoma. But I'm biased toward the older pre- 1995 mini trucks. I think their design was close to perfect. The upcomming truck will be better in terms of roominess and power, comfort. In all a more Americanized Taco than the previous generation.However, I love the current model especially the way it looks like something that belongs on the Australian outback but we Americans always want more, bigger is better. Farewell to the Toyota Mini-Truck... (Taps plays in background).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts