Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long time since my last post (sounds like confession) . . .

My father just backed his 06 Corolla CE into . . . something . . . and damaged the rear bumper cover and the small steel panel directly below the rear light assembly (passenger side). The bumper is easy - the small steel panel (actually the termination of the quarter panel) is what I can't find a part listing for.

I have the bumper cover/ rear quarter apart - the panel in question is riveted to the quarter panel with plastic encased rivets - obviously designed to allow quick replacement. I have drilled out the rivets and have the piece in hand.

Darned if I can find a part number / listing or diagram (collision manual page) or NAME for it.

Anyone?

Paul
03 Tundra, (Traded for '05 1st Gen Yaris), '06 Corolla and '10 Rav4 - yes, I'm happy with Toyota!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Bring it to your dealer and see if they can look it up for you, but thats takin your life in your own hands.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, should have mentioned I'm on the wrong side of the US/Canada border and I WILL NOT pay Cdn prices for this piece.

I will buy it from one of the Tundra Solutions associated sites once I/we have correctly identified it.

Just for giggles I'll post the Cdn asking price once I've got the car fixed.
It will make you feel a lot better about your local Toyota dealer I am sure ;-)

Paul

PS - there used to be a number of sites with full parts diagrams and P/N listings - all of the diagrams are missing as of late (Toyota shut them down?) Sites like ToyoDIY.com were of great value . . . oh, and the ban now includes Champion Toyota Parts - Toyota World, Genuine Toyota Parts, TRD Supercharger, Toyota Venza Parts, Toyota Parts, Toyota Accessories, Discounts on Toyota Parts by the way (hint, hint).

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's it! Now - is that the official Toyota name? Any chance you have a lead on a part number?

You have a left (drivers side) pictured - I need the other one!

P

·
Registered
33 Posts
I found it on ToyoDIY.com .

The part # is 52552 for RH and 52553 for LH.

But if you google "2006 corolla rear bumper filler" and click on shopping it will show you a list, you can then take your pick of store and price.

It was like $33 on ToyoDIY and as low as $6 through doing the google search.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Excellent - thanks again. I actually found the part (by your correct part name) on the ToyotaWorld site. $25 bucks for the OEM part.

Oh - your picture is of the passenger side - just upside down. Seems all of the images I've found are that way . . . weird.

Now I just have to arrange for paint . . .

P

·
Registered
33 Posts
Glad I could help, good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts