Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I'm new here and a new Tundra owner. I just bought a 2006 Double Cab Darrell Waltrip Texas edition Tundra. This truck has 20 inch polished rims with real low profile tires. I think they are 70/45/20. I'm wanting to get away from the low profile tires and make my new truck look more like a truck with much bigger tires. Just wondering if anyone has pictures of Tundras with 20 in wheels with big tires. Thanks in advance.

Buzz

·
Registered
64 Posts
Do some searches for wheel spacers and tire/wheel size. Are you planning any lift? If you do not plan to lift and want larger tires, from what I have read you'll definitely have to go smaller than 20's. The wheels on Limited Edition are 17'.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I'm kinda pissed that the Darell Waltrip Edition came up about 2 weeks after I got my truck!:mad:

But still like my access cab,,,,:clown:

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
hi, look in the double cab thread. my tundra came with bfgoorich g-force radial T/A's. 265/55/20.
they are on the truck in that picture. i dislike those tires so much.
i have a thread about them.
i put bigger tires on now 295/45/20 hankook ventus ST. i love these tires. they are 6ply, and the side to side shake is GONE!.
the tundra looks awesome with 20's.
don't down size, unless you are going to do alot of off roading.
plus if you do down size you can get a alot for those rims.
don't give them away.
but it's your ride ,do as you see fit.
the double cab thread will give you alot of idea's.
it's in the gen1 section.
gorilla

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Gorilla,

I looked up the Hancock tires. I agree, they are sharp looking and not that expensive. Is the "295" number the height of the tire? Also, I couldn't find your post with the pictures. I looked at all the posts that you started but couldn't find it. I'll get a pic my wheels posted here soon.

Thanks,
Buzz

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Hey Gorilla,

I looked up the Hancock tires. I agree, they are sharp looking and not that expensive. Is the "295" number the height of the tire? Also, I couldn't find your post with the pictures. I looked at all the posts that you started but couldn't find it. I'll get a pic my wheels posted here soon.

Thanks,
Buzz
295 is the width

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Since you want taller tires you want to go up w/ the middle number (45). With a 295 tire you can run a 50, maybe 55 but Ive only read people w/ no lift using 295/50/20.

Im running 295/45/20 tires. If you want them taller you either need to lift it or go w/ a smaller wheel and taller tire. I think our Tundras look funny w/ 20" wheels and big sidewall tires, thats just me though.....:cool: I like the smaller wheel big meaty tire look.

FYI:
295 = width
45 = height
20 = diameter

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
mikebuzz i bumped the double cab group thread to the top, but as you know it will continue to move down as people post. within that thread my tundra which the picture was taken from the 2007 south floirda tundra solutions meet/show, my tundra was posted by a member since i don't know how to post picture as of yet. it is on page 2. gorilla's tundra.
gorilla

·
Registered
1,926 Posts

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts