Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know, I know....I wasted my money and a aftermarket intake wont do anything since out Tundra already has a stock CAI and I wont gain anything. Well I did gain some TQ. :becky:

After installing my 14" Magnaflow single in / dual out a few months back I lost some TQ because I couldnt chirp my tires from a dead stop anymore, although I couldnt chirp them that much anyway going from 18" - 20" wheels / tires. When I had my 18" wheels I could more than chirp them.

But after adding the AEM intake I gained some torque because I can chirp the tires a little. I dont make a habit of doing this but I just wanted to see if I gained any TQ after adding the AEM.

Heres another clip comparing the in cab sound, both clips are with the 14" Magnaflow installed. Its ALOT louder with the AEM, both in and out of the truck. :devil:

·
Registered
741 Posts
sounds nice :thumb:

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Your truck does have a good sound with the aem installed.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Sounds sweet! I really like mine too.

What's with the filter? Do you have some sort of cover on it?

Mine came with the grey dry filter.

<TUNDRA>

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
I ran the hydroshield on my injen and plan to use it on my volant just in case.

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
It sounds real nice RCs Tundra. I'm now kicking myself for selling that Volant intake I had. Though I think the K&N FIPK intake Sounded the throatiest compared to the Volant and stock Toyota intake. But that K&N FPIK made me lose some vital low end torque.

Chris

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It sounds real nice RCs Tundra. I'm now kicking myself for selling that Volant intake I had. Though I think the K&N FIPK intake Sounded the throatiest compared to the Volant and stock Toyota intake. But that K&N FPIK made me lose some vital low end torque.

Chris

Thanks Chris.

My choice was between the Volant and the AEM. I know the Volant is better because its a true cold air intake but I went w/ the AEM because I had it on my '01 AC so I knew what to expect. Its really woken my exhaust up. :devil:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts