Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with DRL's, however they are disabled.

I have searched high and low, and can't find anyone that has done the fog light mod that lets you run the fogs completely by themselves.

I've found one that lets you run it with the parking lights on, but that's not what I'm looking for. Also it appears that solidwiring.com is gone, so that's out of the question too. Any guidance is appreciated.

Thanks,

John.

·
Mech. Engr. / Mechanic
824 Posts
The only way I know to get the fogs to work completely independent of everything else is to wire them yourself. I've done it both ways, but prefer the factory stalk with the mod (non drl). It doesn't bother me to have my parking lights on for the fogs to work.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The schematic in the service manual pg.3858 doesn't look like it should be to hard at all possibly as easy as cutting one wire and grounding it. I can't test it out right now because I had a kidney removed last Friday and I can hardly move right now and I'm pretty darn medicated. I'll see if I can get it figured out next week sometime and let you know exactly how it turns out. I've wanted to do that to mine for a while now just never think about once I'm in the house

·
Mech. Engr. / Mechanic
824 Posts
.............. I can't test it out right now because I had a kidney removed last Friday and I can hardly move right now and I'm pretty darn medicated. ..........
:eek: Dang, take care of yourself first. These trucks will still be here when you get well. Hope it's a quick recovery.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts