Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone provide pics of sub installs on a 2006 DC. I have two kids who ride in my truck so i can't put them on the floor in front of the rear seat. I've done a search but it's kinda overwhelming and i didn't find any pics.
Any help is appreciated. I am also installing Polk 6501's in the front doors and 651's in the rears, any pics of this would also be appreciated.
Thanks a bunch,

Mike

·
Registered
639 Posts

you can do any combination of 8"s under there with a baffle, with kids there i would not suggest 4, maybe 2. Supercrewsound.com has a premade one if you want to buy it, or you could build it yourself for about $10

·
Registered
285 Posts
Here's an example of the useage of 2 8's in my DC...this is a sealed fiberglass enclosure...not a baffle...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's an example of the useage of 2 8's in my DC...this is a sealed fiberglass enclosure...not a baffle...

I really like this one. Did you build the box yourself and did you have to cut on the truck to make it fit? if you have any pics of the opening that would be great.
Thanks a bunch,
Mike

·
Registered
285 Posts
I really like this one. Did you build the box yourself and did you have to cut on the truck to make it fit? if you have any pics of the opening that would be great.
Thanks a bunch,
Mike
nope, i had a shop make it for me. i know they kinda beated the hell out of the bottom cuase i can see it from underneath the truck. the enclosure is made out of fiberglass other than the top part which is MDF.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
nope, i had a shop make it for me. i know they kinda beated the hell out of the bottom cuase i can see it from underneath the truck. the enclosure is made out of fiberglass other than the top part which is MDF.
Did they have to remove/ cut the plastic trim piece under the seat or does recessing them like that give enough clearance? Very nice looking setup, I'm planning on doing the exact same thing next week, but It looked like I would have to remove that plastic under the seat and I have read some other posts on here about people having to do that. Thanks for posting

·
Registered
285 Posts
Did they have to remove/ cut the plastic trim piece under the seat or does recessing them like that give enough clearance? Very nice looking setup, I'm planning on doing the exact same thing next week, but It looked like I would have to remove that plastic under the seat and I have read some other posts on here about people having to do that. Thanks for posting
they made it enough to where i wouldn't have to remove the plastic under the seat. As you can see it does sit pretty low...the top board is pretty flush with the top of the sub in the picture here... So far after a year still no problems or vibrations from the plastic. I am however thinking of changing out the subs to something that'll handle a bit more power...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts