Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this forum and have done quite a bit of research before registering and posting this. I'm grateful for everything I've learned so far about our new truck. I'm now looking for everyone's opinion on if I should get an aftermarket or OEM navigation. I've been looking to get an OEM off of ebay. The ones that look like they are plug in and play are the e7006 and e7009. Is this correct and are there more that are plug in and play? Also, Which aftermarket navs fit the best? Which ones would you prefer?

Again, I am very grateful for everyone sharing the wealth of knowledge on these forums. For someone like me that is new, it is invaluable.

Thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm new to this forum and have done quite a bit of research before registering and posting this. I'm grateful for everything I've learned so far about our new truck. I'm now looking for everyone's opinion on if I should get an aftermarket or OEM navigation. I've been looking to get an OEM off of ebay. The ones that look like they are plug in and play are the e7006 and e7009. Is this correct and are there more that are plug in and play? Also, Which aftermarket navs fit the best? Which ones would you prefer?

Again, I am very grateful for everyone sharing the wealth of knowledge on these forums. For someone like me that is new, it is invaluable.

Thanks,

Chris

ill sell you my oem e7006 ...it stinks.... unless you like the fact that unless you are basically stopped all the time you cannot control it...

go aftermarket

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, md.

I bought a Pioneer AVIC D3 today with the XM Navtraffic from CC. It's getting installed Thursday.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
ill sell you my oem e7006 ...it stinks.... unless you like the fact that unless you are basically stopped all the time you cannot control it...

go aftermarket

Actually, the E7006 is the ONLY OEM nav unit you can trick into being able to be used while driving (the override is easy to do). There are even video adapters that can be used with it. The only downfall I could see was the lack of Bluetooth. However, from what I hear, the Parrot works fine.

The other ones (E7007, E7009, E7012, etc are the ones that can't be controlled while driving).

·
Registered
1 Posts

go aftermarket

You really looking to get rid of you E7006? I know aftermarket is the way to go for all the bells and whistles, but the OEM is look is really important to us. Let me know if you are interested in parting with it.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Actually the e7009 can be controlled while driving by going through the diagnostic menu. The only e7009's that don't are the ones with the v6.1? update disc.

I love my oem nav btw, I'm sure aftermarket units have a lot more bells a whistles, but the OEM nav looks great, and is easy to use. It doesn't stick out like a sore thumb like some aftermarket units do.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Thanks, md.

I bought a Pioneer AVIC D3 today with the XM Navtraffic from CC. It's getting installed Thursday.
bigeasy, did your unit fit?? I'm checking all around and everywhere says the AVIC D3 won't fit in a Sequoia/Tundra Double Cab.

love to hear how it worked out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
All,

I am also new to the forum, but am thinking about buying a used 2006 Sequoia with the Eclipse AVN30D nav unit installed. I briefly played with it today and it seems very nice. The steering wheel controls funtioned properly, but I am a little concerned about the interface with the factory speakers (though I am not sure if the factory speakers were replaced).

What should I be looking/listening for???

Also, the previous owners installed the head rest DVD entertainment units in both the front and middle row head rests. Anything I should be concerned about??

Overall the car has 20k miles on it and is in very good condition. I am thinking about buying a toyota extended warranty later, thoughts??

Thanks,
George.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts