Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently got my '06 Tundra limited back from the shop. Had a new rack installed. 270k miles.

Truck came out of the shop with ABS, VSC off, VSC trac and traction control lights on. Mechanic scanned, identified a bad wheel sensor (driver front), and replaced. All lights went off.

Took truck for test drive and after about a mile, I lost all power, gas pedal gave me nothing, but the truck would continue to move at about 15 mph. Few seconds go by and the VSC Off, VSC Trac and traction control lights come on and the truck operates as normal. This has now happened 3-4 times over the past 24 hours. The lights will sporadically go off, and then I will have the loss of power before the lights come back on. Otherwise, truck drives and shifts fine.

Any ideas? Solutions?

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Sounds like your still throwing a code and depending on what code, the computer will protect the engine from damage so it cuts power. This is called going into limp mode and you should have a code stored. Go back to your mechanic to get the code read and type that code into the search box you can see on this site. It will take you to a bunch of threads where people have already had your code and what they did about it.

Reactions: Katyclaire
1 - 2 of 2 Posts