Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a used 2006 tundra DC sr5 trd in canada but it is a imported U.S made truck. My question is is this truck come standard with keyless entry. The canadian specs on the truck say it does. I dont have a U.S spec to compare to. I did not get any remotes with it so it may not have keyless entry.

Seems odd for a fully loaded toyota truck. Under my kick panel i found a aftermarket MPX (Mpx module part #0016-0c050-01) module installed, can't find any specs on it. I suspect it is a multiplexer/transmitter of some sort, possibly for keyless entry. that is why i suspect that the truck never had keyless entry.. Why would they not sell a truck will all options and not keyless entryespecially for there premier truck...
please anyone help me in identifying whether or not i have keyless entry installed. any visuals under the dash i can look for.

thnxs alot:sad:

·
Mech. Engr. / Mechanic
824 Posts
It all depends. Call a US dealer with the VIN and they should be able to tell you if it came with keyless. Now, the second thing, if it came through SET (South East Toyota) or GST (Gulf States Toyota) it will not have the std. Toyota keyless system/alarm (3200) it will have a Securikey system that is added by the SET or GST at the port. If you do have this system, see my pics for a copy of the manual.

If I'm wrong on any of this, somebody please correct me.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
This sounds crazy, but according to my 06 Tundra brochure the SR5 double cab only had keyless entry as an option. The access cab SR5 had it standard. I also have a 05 Tundra brochure and it is the same way. Does not make sense to me, but it is there in black and white.

·
Registered
868 Posts
It was a stand alone option on the '05 and '06 Doublecab SR5's. Didn't cost much ($100 IIRC) but you still had to check the box. I have no idea why Toyota did/does this...but I just had a rental 2009 Corolla LE (what a heaping pile of pooh btw) that had pw, pl, pm, etc. but didn't have remote entry. Also did not have cruise control...!! I can't imagine how they sell so many of those things...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It all depends. Call a US dealer with the VIN and they should be able to tell you if it came with keyless. Now, the second thing, if it came through SET (South East Toyota) or GST (Gulf States Toyota) it will not have the std. Toyota keyless system/alarm (3200) it will have a Securikey system that is added by the SET or GST at the port. If you do have this system, see my pics for a copy of the manual.

If I'm wrong on any of this, somebody please correct me.
I dont have the security button in my dash, i guess the only way to tell if i have it for sure it to cut a key and if the truck does not shut off then i dont have the keyless system as the engine immobolizer should kick in. would this not be true. The truck came from toyota of hollywood. Wonder why they never put it on those trucks??thnxs alot for the info...I guess the 3200 system in not installable it has to come form factory i am told...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you know if our trucks have the engine immobilizer and chipped key?? I want to install a truck starter and if i dont have the security system then is the engine immobilizer standard on these trucks?? Are all the tundra keys chipped?
thnxs

·
Registered
15 Posts
According to this http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/skyvisions/2008-09-05_214254_98_toyota.pdf, Its saying all 04-06 DC's have FACTORY INSTALLED keyless systems. I also bought a used 06 DC TRD (this one is my second tundra) and it came with it.
I would bet it does have it. Buy a key remote from ebay, and make sure the auction comes with instructions on how to program the remote. If it does't, PM me and i've got it somewhere. BTW...to program it, you have to go through a crazy procedure: open/close door x times, put key in and out of ignition x times, jump out, run around the truck x times, etc etc.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
According to this http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/skyvisions/2008-09-05_214254_98_toyota.pdf, Its saying all 04-06 DC's have FACTORY INSTALLED keyless systems. I also bought a used 06 DC TRD (this one is my second tundra) and it came with it.
I would bet it does have it. Buy a key remote from ebay, and make sure the auction comes with instructions on how to program the remote. If it does't, PM me and i've got it somewhere. BTW...to program it, you have to go through a crazy procedure: open/close door x times, put key in and out of ignition x times, jump out, run around the truck x times, etc etc.
FYI, I cut a regular key and started my engine, it tells me i dont have an engine immobilizer or the security system. Trust me i tried the "crazy" procedure first assuming i had keyless entry and nothing. For some reason this truck coming from the gulf or port area seem to be different. I checked out that guide but is that for all toyotas US & canadian made???

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I checked the guide and thnxs for that. It says it has it but i even contacted my local canadian dealer and they could not help me, i am dealing with toyota USA now to find out. I gave them my vin and they sent me all the options on my truck, nowhere did it state keyless entry unless they forgot to mention it...Strange. I am just going to install a remote car starter and fix this the easy way. Nice to know if i actaually have it or not....thnxs again

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just purchased an 06 Tundra DC...with no keyless entry fob. Watched the video on how to program one and went through the process before purchasing a fob. At the end of the process, the door should lock/unlock to show it is in 'admin' mode. Since nothing happened (I tried 3 times) I'm assuming I am not set up for keyless entry.
I also own a Kia Soul w/manual shift which did not come with cruise. Purchased the cruise switch, popped the steering wheel and install (plug and play) and now have cruise. Seems Kia basically builds their vehicles with all the technology but may or may not add the option to the car...one assembly line covers all versions of on model.

Did Toyota do the same? Can it be added...plug and play? Is easily done or should I take it to a Toyota dealership?

[email protected]
706-590-3802

1 - 11 of 11 Posts