Toyota Tundra Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
These Alpine SPS 600's are two way speakers. What did you do about the front tweeters? I have a 2006 Tundra DC, Crutchfield says they will not fit. HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello all!
Is the speaker installation for an Tundra 06 extra cab(acess cab?) pretty much the same? No results came up on search for the Extra cab, just the double cab. Thanks Joe

·
Registered
190 Posts
I did a complete Alpine navW910 and 8 new speakers

Four new for front doors spr60-c , two for rear doors spr60

Two JLW1 for the subwoofers in a logic box

Alpine PDX M9 5 c amp and Alpine rear camera HCE-200R
3200.00 dollars later I will say its perfect

·
Registered
108 Posts
in reply to "Thank You. I want to put 3-ways in all four doors, can I do this and just bypass the oem tweeters?"

why don't you get a component set and replace the factory speaker if you want. or keep the factory tweeter and run a 2 way in the door. why would you want your highs coming out down by your feet. hence why your tweeter is a almost ear level.

·
Registered
383 Posts
how come I have a '06 SR5 DC and my back door speakers measure in at 6.5in and the fronts are 7in??? I opened up my doors and measured it myself.

·
Registered
2 Posts
its 6 3/4" for front and rear. However, many 6 1/2" speaker sizes will fit. I just installed 4 Alpine sps-600 speakers yesterday and they fit 6 1/2 or 6 3/4 size mounts. And if your looking for a new set of speakers, those Alpine speakers sound real clean and have a tight sound them, a vast improvement over stock.

Crutchfield: LCD TV, Car Stereo, Home Theater, Speakers, Plasma TV

Crutchfield is very helpful for showing you what speakers will fit your truck, just plug in year, model etc. However, i would try amazon.com to buy the speakers, much cheaper. The Alpine speakers were $100 on crutchfield, but I found them for $60 a pair on amazon.
I must have a unicorn because 6.75 are too small for mine.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts