Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 Tundra with the i-force v8 and am looking for a dual exhaust system for it. Does anyone have a recomendation, I was looking at the TRD one but it is costly.

Thanks for any help,
Tim

·
Registered
66 Posts
The trd dual exhaust system is costly but worth it. A few bolts and it is connected and the stock exhaust is gone. Ebay is a great way to get one cheap. (I saved 200 hundred below dealer cost.) The exhaust is louder but not a whole lot. Keeps the factory growl and the trd tips really look good. :tu:

·
Registered
70 Posts
I agree on the TRD dual exhaust. It does have a nice sound to it and looks really nice. Also, you won't have to worry about a drop in hp that some have experienced when going with a different aftermarket dual exhaust system.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
this is just a cat back system right?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yes it is a cat back system.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I'm thinking about getting the TRD system for my 05 as well. I don't want my truck to sound like a harley, just want a little deeper sound. I've read up on the TRD exhaust and I like the idea that it is a custom fit and uses the same factory hangers. When you kick into the passing gear (with TRD exhaust), does it offend the public?

·
Registered
435 Posts
I'm thinking about getting the TRD system for my 05 as well. I don't want my truck to sound like a harley, just want a little deeper sound. I've read up on the TRD exhaust and I like the idea that it is a custom fit and uses the same factory hangers. When you kick into the passing gear (with TRD exhaust), does it offend the public?
only if you want it to :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have dual flowmaster 40 series straight out the back, and it sounds great, not to loud but its got some snap when you but the pedal down. I payed $500 Canadain for mine which would be around 400 american I guess. Very happy for the price I paid.

~Scottie

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
TRD duals....great fit and finish...and once the glass packing settles...there is just enough growl to make you smile...without going over the top and annoying the neighborhood like the other farm trucks. :tu: It's well worth the extra $$.

note: Don't expect a HUGE difference in tone and loudness right after installation, i noticed an increase in growl around 1000 miles after install.

·
Registered
131 Posts
BillyJoe, did you install the TRD exhaust yourself? I heard that the installation was very easy and almost anyone could do it at home. I think the TRD cat back is what I'm looking for. I like using quality stuff truly made for my Toyota. And it's not a real obnoxious sound, right?

·
Registered
412 Posts

I have installed a Gibson system and a Borla system both of them were custom fit and used the factory hangers.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I installed a Borla cat back on my 06 DC myself. It has a growl, but not obnoxious. It's a bit quieter than a Flowmaster, but judging by the comments in this post, definitely louder than the TRD. It uses all the stock Toyota hangers and has a lifetime warranty. You can check out the sound if you go to the Borla website. You can get it with either side or rear exit pipes. Great chrome tips on it.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Don't open the exhaust too much because that is when you will loose backpressure. 2.5" piping with a single Magnaflow is a good setup and if you want duals go with the TRD cat-back. I have clips of my exhaust in my gallery of course I have the louder 14" magnaflow but you could replace with the 18" or 22"...

·
Registered
285 Posts
JUST A QUICK QUESTION, THE TRD DUAL EXHAUST CAN WORK WITH A 2006 SR5 NON TRD TUNDRA CORRECT?? ALSO, ESTIMATE ON A TRD EXHAUST?? THANKS!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I was thinking of going dual on my '05, but I really like the sound of the single 40-series w/ the stock piping.

Off topic..
heh, is Dean on here too? :clown:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi all, I added the Flowmaster cat back system with s/s tip straight out the back. It sounds great. I also noticed a definite increase in horsepower, especially off the line. The growl is awesome and I get tons of compliments on the system. I had it done by a local shop here in miami.

Email me with any questions

Lloyd

1 - 20 of 25 Posts