Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI There i am a newbie i have a 2006 tundra 4 door cab looking to put revteks 2.5 leveling kit and looking to put toyo's A/T 285 /75 R 17 just wondering if anyone has done this and if so was it worth it and was there any rubbing . thanking everyone in advance .

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
hey just cuz your from edmonton I'll be nice. :) Im sure there are a lot of people who have done it which the search will show. But I believe for 17's the common tire size to go with on a leveling kit is 285/70/17. May be minor rubbing. With stock wheels you will need a wheel adapter to set the wheels out so the tires dont rub on the upper control arm or different wheels with proper backspacing to adjust for that clearance. Also do the diff drop and hose clamp mod on your cv boots.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the input i am new to all this suspension talk you seem to know your stuff quick question as far as the leveling kit is concerned would revtek ,truxx, procomp toytec which would be the best.thanks again.:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
just my 2 cents...dont use a spacer lift. do it right and get aftermarket upper control arms and new shocks. i like many others here have used a space lift and now ride around with a horrible clunking sound from the front end every time i hit a pot hole or speed bump. i used a ready lift 2.5 inch kit and hate it.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I would have gone that route if I could afford it but aftermarket UCAs are a little steep for me. And I know everyone and their dog says to go with the bilstien adjustable shocks which I got nothing against and would love to try them sometime. I just don't understand the benefit other than the better ride quality. Because they are still lifting the truck the same way as spacers in theory and pushing the suspension down are they not? I may be wrong thats just the picture I've got in my head. Unless you are talking about coilovers and thats a whole nother doller issue there too. just my 2 cents. I haven't had any trouble with my spacers yet. knock on wood.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
I got my spacer lift off e-bay. The cool thing is they have the alum kit in black now. Check it out should run about $75 bucks. No problems here and the ride is not bad. I put this kit on all 3 of the Tundra's that I have owned.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just bought an 06 crewcab and had to replace the wheels because the offset was wrong causing the tires to rub. Make sure you have a negative offset giving about 4.75 inches or less backspacing. My tires are 285 75 18"

·
Registered
189 Posts
i have a 3" toytec spacer lift and 285's ......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts