Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Tundra Etended Cab with an AM/FM/Cass/CD changer/radio with an amp below the jump seat in a covered well. I have removed the radio from the dash but the wiring colors are different from replacement radios. Does anyone know the color codes and if the front speaker wires come from the radio or the amplifier?

·
Retired Contributor
5,940 Posts
digisnapshot said:
I have a 2006 Tundra Etended Cab with an AM/FM/Cass/CD changer/radio with an amp below the jump seat in a covered well. I have removed the radio from the dash but the wiring colors are different from replacement radios. Does anyone know the color codes and if the front speaker wires come from the radio or the amplifier?
Do you have an ACCESS CAB or Double Cab?
6 or 8 speaker system
Rear seat entertainment?
Nav?

Makes a difference
Let me know and Ill post a wire diagram

·
Registered
6 Posts
2006 AC with Door Tweeters (6 speaker system) NON-JBL with amp under Right Rear Jump Seat...

Whatever options you have I would love to know. I am sooooo tired of the poor audio quality of this worthless factory system

·
Retired Contributor
5,940 Posts
LiterLeaner said:
2006 AC with Door Tweeters (6 speaker system) NON-JBL with amp under Right Rear Jump Seat...

Whatever options you have I would love to know. I am sooooo tired of the poor audio quality of this worthless factory system
The front left are Pink (-) and Violet (+)

The front right are Light Blue(-) and Light Green (+)

The best way to go is aftermarket equipment. Ask TS member JnEsPappa, he is a guru at Stereo stuff.

I attached the wire diagram for your application.

·
Retired Contributor
5,940 Posts
hit_em said:
do you have a diagram for a 2006 access cab?
What kind of radio?
Navigation?
Is the amp built into the radio or a seperate unit?

Need to know this first.
If you dont know, you'll need to look below the rear passenger jump seat and see if the amp is in there.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Vic,

You seem to have spent some time with the Tundra. I just bought my first Tundra. I custom ordered a 2006 Access Cab Stepside TRD Sport. I ordered a $2495 navi system and when it arrived at the port the techs there told the dealer they couldn't put a navi in my truck so the dealer sent it to a stereo shop, removed my stereo HU and amp and installed an Eclipse 5435. Problem is they didn't inform me that was what they were doing and that is not what I ordered. The dealer has offered to remove the Eclipse and reinstall the original stereo. It is described on my window sticker as "a premium AM/FM/Cassette w/6 In Dash CD, six speakers, and steering wheel controls". I am pretty sure it is not JBL and the amp was under the passenger side rear seat.
Now my problem. I have a Solara 2007 E7009 navi HU in box and want to install it in this truck. Do you think if I get a JBL Toyota digital amp that I can somehow get the wiring to work and will there be problems with the speaker wiring? Appreciate your input. BTW, I spent as much time on an 87 El Camino as you have on your Tundra.

·
Retired Contributor
5,940 Posts
cbuck said:
Vic,

You seem to have spent some time with the Tundra. I just bought my first Tundra. I custom ordered a 2006 Access Cab Stepside TRD Sport. I ordered a $2495 navi system and when it arrived at the port the techs there told the dealer they couldn't put a navi in my truck so the dealer sent it to a stereo shop, removed my stereo HU and amp and installed an Eclipse 5435. Problem is they didn't inform me that was what they were doing and that is not what I ordered. The dealer has offered to remove the Eclipse and reinstall the original stereo. It is described on my window sticker as "a premium AM/FM/Cassette w/6 In Dash CD, six speakers, and steering wheel controls". I am pretty sure it is not JBL and the amp was under the passenger side rear seat.
Now my problem. I have a Solara 2007 E7009 navi HU in box and want to install it in this truck. Do you think if I get a JBL Toyota digital amp that I can somehow get the wiring to work and will there be problems with the speaker wiring? Appreciate your input. BTW, I spent as much time on an 87 El Camino as you have on your Tundra.
Sounds like you bought an OEMVALUE.com 07 Nav :tu:
Yes, i think it might work in your tundra, BUT...... There is alot of wiring to do when you add the DIGITAL JBL AMP. I have never done it, you may want to contact OEMVALUE and ask them about the wiring.
If your radio is JBL, it will USUALLY say it on the radio face.

I tried to install a Eclipse 5435 in a 05 w/JBL and had to go to my local stereo shop for assistance due to the digital signal. It was a nightmare.
The 07 Nav should plug in with all the right connecotrs and wiring.

I'll be on vacation for the next week starting tonight.
E-mail me and we can continue this conversation soon.:ts:
[email protected].

·
Registered
699 Posts
I have the 6 disk cd changer (none JBL) with factory amp. I have already installed a q-logic box but it would be nice to know the wiring for future reference.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Wire colors from the scosche toyota harness

Ok here are the wire colors from the scosche TA021 harness that I used in my 06 DC w/o jbl.

LF+ = White
LF- = White/Black
RF+ = Gray
RF- = Gray/Black
LR+ = Green
LR- = Green/Black
RR+ = Violet
RR- = Violet/Black

Now whether or not toyota maintains these colors to the actual speaker connector is unknown to me but these are the wires in the harness at the radio. The eclipse avn550 I installed had the same colors in its wire harness which I soldered to this one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The front left are Pink (-) and Violet (+)

The front right are Light Blue(-) and Light Green (+)

The best way to go is aftermarket equipment. Ask TS member JnEsPappa, he is a guru at Stereo stuff.

I attached the wire diagram for your application.
Good info. I'm not seeing the wire diagram. What are the colors for rear door speakers?
Thanks
Peter

·
Registered
2 Posts

Junction box on left side of engine compartment
Switched AccessoryGray Rad 2 7.5 Amp Junction box under left end of dash
Ground Brown
Illumination Green & WHITE/ green
Left Front + Pink Goes to left tweeter, pin 2, then out at pin 4 as red.
Left Front - Violet Goes to left tweeter, pin 1, then out at pin 3 as blue.
Right Front + Light green Goes to right tweeter, pin 2, then out at pin 4 as pink.
Right Front - Blue Goes to right tweeter, pin 1, then out at pin 3 as violet.
Left Rear + Black
Left Rear - Yellow
Right Rear + Red
Right Rear - White

AT SPEAKERS
Wire FunctionColorNote
Left Front Mid + Red
Left Front Mid - Blue
Right Front Mid + Pink
Right Front Mid - Violet
Left Rear Mid + Red
Left Rear Mid - White