Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read every post under the sun on here, and I can't seem to find exactly what I'm looking to do. I've got a 2006 Tundra Double Cab 4x4 SR5 that I've put a 3" Performance Accessories Lift on. I've also got a 2" leveling kit to put on, as well as Air lifts Sureset system with airbags in the rear.

So, here's my questions:

1) If I run 285/70R17 Revos on stock wheels, will All Pro's 1.5" wheel adapters provide enough clearance from the upper a-arm?

2) Can the 285's be run without the wheel adapters and clear the upper a-arm or is the extra width definitely needed?
3) If running this setup with the above lift setup, will I need to trim the front fenders or mud flaps at all. If so, where is this needed?

I really don't want to get new wheels, and I don't want to go any wider than 1.5" in width per side to try to keep the wheels/tires under the fender flares, ideally.

Thanks for the help, and if any of you have this exact setup I would love to see pics of where the tires sit in relation to the fender flares, and general pictures as well.

Thanks for all the help,

Chris

·
Premium Member
13,116 Posts
So, here's my questions:

1) If I run 285/70R17 Revos on stock wheels, will All Pro's 1.5" wheel adapters provide enough clearance from the upper a-arm?
That is very similar to the arrangment I have, and yes the adapters should provide enough clearance.

2) Can the 285's be run without the wheel adapters and clear the upper a-arm or is the extra width definitely needed?
You will definitely need the adapters with stock wheels. On mine, the tires will touch the UCA even at a standstill unless you install the adapters.

3) If running this setup with the above lift setup, will I need to trim the front fenders or mud flaps at all. If so, where is this needed?
I did not need to trim my fenders, and I have zero rubbing. See my pics for what it looks like.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help. I wonder if there's a difference between a 2001 and a 2006? Are you running 1.5" wheel adapters or something a little different? Do you have a leveling kit and the 3" body lift? Sorry, just need to make sure everything's the same when this crap costs so much money. :)

Chris

·
Premium Member
13,116 Posts
Thanks for the help. I wonder if there's a difference between a 2001 and a 2006? Are you running 1.5" wheel adapters or something a little different? Do you have a leveling kit and the 3" body lift? Sorry, just need to make sure everything's the same when this crap costs so much money. :)

Chris
Read my sig. It tells you everything I have. And I have 1.5" adapters.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I read that, but I don't know how much lift is provided by that setup. That's why I asked. Thanks for the help,

Chris

·
Premium Member
13,116 Posts
I read that, but I don't know how much lift is provided by that setup. That's why I asked. Thanks for the help,

Chris
I got about 2.5 - 3 inches of lift in the front with the Bilstein Adjustable shocks.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the help! I'm wondering if I should even mess with the leveling kit, because that's essentially going to give me 5" of lift in the front, which will be plenty of lift apparently.

Chris

1 - 7 of 7 Posts