Toyota Tundra Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
This is a great document. I have one for my '02 Tundra and it was VERY helpful AND accurate so I was glad when I found one for the newer Tundras. Makes it easy to order replacement parts from th dealer.
Anyway here it is! Enjoy!
Ken
Thanks man, needed that

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, i need to know what tow hitch assembly i need to purchase or options to look in2 for husbands 2008 toyota tundra full cab 4.20 pick up truck due to absolutely no tow options underneath or elsewhere without it. The last time he tried to tow some bushes from underneath it bent the back frame to the point of tailgate issues closing and all. He really needs this in order to get him to be in the "boat buying mood" he once was in lol!!! (not why i need this info, "really"!!) seriously he needs a christmas gift that has absolutely nothing @ all to do with an autograph, sports memborbillia, or al. Football in general, cuz i dunno how much more sports things i will be able to make room for period!!! This also benefits his overall use of the truck and gives many ways to expand his everyday activities, hobbies, or just plain fun with friens or family!! I hope that i will be lucky enough to be blessed with the angel of christmas suprise as well as be able to purchase and have installed the correct type of towing part or parts needed without his knowing or suspecting and do so by knowing what to call ahead and make preporations in advance for. If any1 could help me please,please respond asap!!!!

Sincerely,
a desperate spouse of christmas suprise;)

·
Veteran Member
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Hi GunnLover. If the truck is a Sport model, then he is somewhat limited in what is available and should probably get a Curt model 15198 (that is the only one I found that works with a Sport model). You can check out The Hitch Source HERE for the available Curt hitches which I think are built really well, but I am sure there are more people on this forum with a LOT more experience than I have that could give you many more ideas. Also, you should probably start a new thread in THIS forum so that you question get to the right people for better advice/input. Good luck and Merry Christmas!
Ken

·
Registered
128 Posts
Another option is to take the truck to U-haul and see what they have for it. They sell some pretty heavy duty ones for trucks.

·
Veteran Member
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Another option is to take the truck to U-haul and see what they have for it. They sell some pretty heavy duty ones for trucks.
Creamator is right, U-Haul makes some very good hitches, but I would not let them install the wiring part of the setup unless it is a "plug and play" wiring harness. Also, make sure that they have at least a class III hitch and don't be limited to a lesser hitch if they don't stock a heavier duty hitch. I doubt this will be the case unless your husbands truck is a Sport model. I worked at U-Haul very briefly in my younger days and they use wire crimps, etc. that tended to come loose after time. I think that someone makes a direct plug-in trailer wiring harness that plugs into an existing plug on the Tundra and goes straight to the trailer wiring connector. Just my two cents.
Ken

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thread says 2007-2011 but the parts list shows 2007-2010, I wanted to know if you have the parts locator for a 2011 Tundra double cab SR5...Can you help me please?

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
About this Discussion
30 Replies
19 Participants
ThundersTundra
Toyota Tundra Forums
Tundra Solutions Forum - the best community to talk, mods, price, repair and research your Toyota!
Full Forum Listing