Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 2007 Corolla CE automatic with 10K miles. It is out of warranty due to it's age not mileage. The car was rarely driven but regularly maintained my my elderly father. I have now put the car into full time service. Around 8K miles I started noticing an annoying accelerator hesitation in stop an go traffic. If you decelerate , stop then hit the gas there is a noticeable hesitation before the engine responds. This car was built in n America. Anybody know of a tsb or any other notes or history on this problem?

Thank you!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No CEL. I spoke with my local Dealer. I have an appt for a diag. Apparently there are known issues with the ECU in these cars that tend to cause this problem It's a crap shoot. I have to pay $ 90 for a diag. If the ECU is found to be at fault the entire repair ( diag and all) is covered by a Toyota program. I am sure they will find a problem -or- my 99 corolla was a better running car.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I think I would try running a fuel system cleaner and some premium gas for a couple of tanks and see if that helps with the issue.

·
Registered
640 Posts
There will be a TSB for the 2007 toyota corolla , It is for the ECU , coming out VERY soon, couple of months if I remember right...................my .02

·
Registered
640 Posts
There will be a ECU issue that they are TSB ing the 2007 .......this is from my son who works for toyota......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts