Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi . i had my truck for 2.5 years .got about 30000 milis on it .Love it so far ,besides engine Knocking (Diesel like )
So my tires are gone, and i'm looking on putting a 3/1 (rear add a leaf) suspension and 295/75/18 on stock rims.,not sure tire could be 70 tall.I had Nittos TG and i loved them,.I tryed searching forum on LB Tundra with 3/1 lift and didnt really find any one with this set up.,Or maybe short bed.
Hows your experience with this suspension ? is it ti stiff ??? any one with 295 Nittos on stock 18 ? any rubbing ? Tnx ! I.ll Post some pictures of my truck later on ....!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Welcome to TS where your questions will most likely be answered and plenty of opinions and advice are available even when you don't ask! TS is a FANTASTIC FORUM!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Another LB...Nice. Welcome to TS! Now the addiction starts...

·
Registered
78 Posts
I've got a double cab long box and am looking around for a small lift for it. I don't want anything excessive but with the factory skidplate the front end clearance is pretty low. I don't want a leveling kit because I will be throwing some weight in the back and I don't want it to be sagging! I talked to a guy at my local off road shop and he recommended a 2" front spacer w/ 1" rear block as a low cost option, which would obviously slightly level it out but not completely, or for a better setup but higher cost he said skip the rear block and install an air bag setup. That way you can level out the truck while it's empty, and when you load up just pump some more air in the bags to return it to level again. That way you avoid the even harsher ride of add-a-leafs.

No input on the tires but hopefully the suspension info helps.

·
Registered
125 Posts
If you're worried about a stiff ride, maybe 5100 shocks up front set on high (2.5inch lift) with an add a leaf or 1inch block in the rear.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
NO,... Ride on my truck like on Caddy ,so i m thinking on using leveling kit with add a leaf or airbags with Nitto TG 295/79/18 on stock rims still ,found Nittos for like 1000 $ on Discount tire ......
But before i spend money on the truck, my dealer has to fix noise in my Engine , Its Really sounds Like DIESEL all the Time !!! Since 5000 miles .....I been 4 times to dealer and they cant ix it ......:/
If that's gonna stay ,i m gonna get rid of my truck ,if Toyota Fixes it --- i'll keep it .....I Read Here some people got new Engine .....??!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts