Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen the 2007 model Navs for Eclipse? My wife and I currently have a 2454 and love it. We are trying to decide what model to place in our 2007 Camry. I like the Avic1 as well. My main concern is over the display of the new eclipse. The AVN7000 was introduced with a much nicer lcd. The color depth was improved and had a better visibility than the other models. Do the new eclipse Nav's have a improved lcd? Thanks, Mike and Jen.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I just ordered an AVN5510, it should be here in about a week. I'll post pics and a review once it's in. I've never had a problem with Eclipse before, so I have high expectations.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I had the 6610 put in last week with two rear headrest monitors. Works and looks great. I had the factory toyota nav and just needed more options. I love the ipod adaptor. It has complete function from the head unit. The old rearview camera (bec-105) looks good also. The funny thing is that the head unit (when movies are played) looks better than the headrest monitors. My son always wants to look at the HU instead of his monitor:) . So far everthing is better than expected. Next on the list is the HD kit. Maybe next month. Kinda pricey at $400 bucks. Dont think you can go wrong with eclipse. Dont forget they make the toyota navs also. I havent compared the 6610 with the avic1, but I am more than happy with the lcd display of the 6610.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Core I was wondering if you had the factory jbl system in your truck? If so did you keep the factory amp and use the metra interface or did you go another method?

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
267 Posts
The shop that did my system kept the amp and ran a harness from the amp to the dash so everything keeps factory plugs and can be returned to original if need be. The owner said that was the best way, if I wanted to keep all stock speakers (which I did). I think the harness runs about $60 and is a pretty common item for dealers to have or get.

·
Banned
8,335 Posts
I had the 6610 put in last week with two rear headrest monitors. Works and looks great. I had the factory toyota nav and just needed more options. I love the ipod adaptor. It has complete function from the head unit. The old rearview camera (bec-105) looks good also. The funny thing is that the head unit (when movies are played) looks better than the headrest monitors. My son always wants to look at the HU instead of his monitor:) . So far everthing is better than expected. Next on the list is the HD kit. Maybe next month. Kinda pricey at $400 bucks. Dont think you can go wrong with eclipse. Dont forget they make the toyota navs also. I havent compared the 6610 with the avic1, but I am more than happy with the lcd display of the 6610.

I have the avic Z1 and I like it much better vs the Factory Pos navi and some features Eclipse lacks Like Hdd and advanced voice rec music controls on pulling my music up from my voice. With the Z1 hard drive everything is stored in the unit so I don't carry Cd's in my truck period which waste space in the center console. This system is much much better vs factory and I've very pleased with all the features it has like Xm trav navi which show's you areas to avoid and pop's up icons on my map telling me hot spot's and accidents overall based on feature's Toyota Navi still come out rather short handed..

·
Registered
267 Posts
The eclipse has a bit more power than the jbl amp, so a little louder but overall about the same. I run the ipod setup, so dont need a hdd. The 6610 has full ipod controls (with the ipod controller, $60). Does the avic1 have dual zone for the DVD's? Thats the main thing I like about the 6610, I can have the kids watching movies in the back (with wireless headphones) and I can listen to the radio or ipod at the same time. By your picture, it looks as though the avic1 has better graphics for the map screen, but I would have to see the dvd's playing side by side to which lcd screen is better for dvd's.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
I considered the hd version but since the 5500 I bought came with the ipod adaptor I'll just get an 80gb ipod and put my music on it and still come out money ahead.

·
Banned
8,335 Posts
The eclipse has a bit more power than the jbl amp, so a little louder but overall about the same. I run the ipod setup, so dont need a hdd. The 6610 has full ipod controls (with the ipod controller, $60). Does the avic1 have dual zone for the DVD's? Thats the main thing I like about the 6610, I can have the kids watching movies in the back (with wireless headphones) and I can listen to the radio or ipod at the same time. By your picture, it looks as though the avic1 has better graphics for the map screen, but I would have to see the dvd's playing side by side to which lcd screen is better for dvd's.

My unit mulit task on everything and when i say this I mean it work's very well Im playing a Dvd during driving and say my exit to turn is coming up the unit will pause my dvd and inform me to take my exit and then return to playing the dvd . The avic has One dvd slot and the rest is on Hdd meaning Navi Software and Music is all stored on the Hdd .. The z1 has better graphics and a higher res screen vs Eclispe I too checked them out but the Z1 has them beet to the tee on allmost everything..

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
No offense but I hope you are not anywhere near me while you watching the DVD and driving.......

My unit mulit task on everything and when i say this I mean it work's very well Im playing a Dvd during driving and say my exit to turn is coming up the unit will pause my dvd and inform me to take my exit and then return to playing the dvd . The avic has One dvd slot and the rest is on Hdd meaning Navi Software and Music is all stored on the Hdd .. The z1 has better graphics and a higher res screen vs Eclispe I too checked them out but the Z1 has them beet to the tee on allmost everything..

·
Banned
8,335 Posts
No offense but I hope you are not anywhere near me while you watching the DVD and driving.......

To be very honest I dont watch dvd's passengers do :sleep: but ever driving in Georgia watch out for the morons we have in this area for driver's had too many people rear end my former Tundra and Total it due to dam cell phones and too many clueless people in one area.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts