Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new 2007 Tundra and have noticed poor FM radio reception (40 miles or less is OK). I can turn wipers on and the reception improves! The truck does have factory tint. Anyone have simliar condition?

·
Super Genius
920 Posts
My FM reception was as good or better than most other vehicles. In fact it was so good that I picked up a lot of weaker signals that I didn't really want, since they clog up the dial when you are scanning for something to listen to. Also, the FM antenna was too long and was hitting on my carport every day so I cut it in half. The reception only suffered by about 20% which is actually perfect for me since it got rid of some of those weaker signals. I rarely listen to FM anyway since installing my XM unit. Links to my antenna mod and XM install with pics:

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/tundra/93037-custom-console-light-xm-shifter-pictures/
2007 Tundra XM Radio & Shift Knob

·
Tire Roasting Member
927 Posts
I get FM reception in the second level of my underground parking garage!!:eek: Its fairly staticky, but its there!

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
mine is fantastic too, clear even 100 miles away from some of the lower powered stations.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do any of you have the factory installed digifilm tint? I read that some tint film may interupt FM reception!

·
Registered
528 Posts
I have the metalized Formula 1 tint and I have zero reception issues.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
I noticed i have poor reception here & my brother's tundra does also.

Both have jbl systems, brother has nav.

Anyone know why that is? Is my antenna hookup loose?

·
Registered
251 Posts
I have the JBL w/amp and sub in my '07 and my reception is pretty poor. My '05 had the JBL as well and it also had crappy reception. Had a pioneer super tuner 3 in my last tacoma and it had fantastic reception. I assume they would do better if I didn't live in the heart of the Rockies.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Do any of you have the factory installed digifilm tint? I read that some tint film may interupt FM reception!
I don't understand how this could be related since the radio has an antenna mounted on the fender. This sounds fishy to me. BTW I have metalized solarguard tint on mine. I didn't notice a change after installing it.

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Go into AM mode and do seek scan. If it doesn't stop on any stations, your antenna is bad or disconnected. You'll receive stations on FM even if the antenna is loose or disconnected.

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
I have a new 2007 Tundra and have noticed poor FM radio reception (40 miles or less is OK). I can turn wipers on and the reception improves! The truck does have factory tint. Anyone have simliar condition?
That's funniest thing I've ever heard. Turning on the wiper has no effect on the radio reception. And since you mention the speed, I think it's the setting of Automatic Sound Levelizer (ASL). I don't know which stereo you have, regular or JBL but try turning off the ASL function. Then check the radio reception to see if it's any better. If it improves, then it's not the radio problem, it's most likely the trims buzzing.

·
Registered
595 Posts
My non-JBL has ASL.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts