Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2007 Tundra Limited without the back-up camera. I am trying to add one. I see the 4 prong wiring plug under the bed, and I took the overhead console off the roof of the cab and found a plug up there. Can anyone confirm that those are the 2 plugs, and provide a wiring diagram showing what the wires are? I would prefer to plug into the existing wiring rather than run external wire. Thanks.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Yes I did this to my 07, its plug and play. remove tailgate handle replace with camera handle two bolts plug in, put sticker on. same for in cab. You might do a search on here for the anytime on mod. I did this and can flip monitor down and its on in drive or when ever. real nice when towing to check on stat of trailer (ball hitch) or small trailers you can't see behinfd you. I towed a 69 Austin Healey and without the monitor on I could not see in rear view mirror or side mirrors. Good luck:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks - except that the dealer doesn't carry the camera and monitor any more, nor would I want to pay the $900 they would charge!
I am looking to wire in an aftermarket camera and monitor - that is why I'm looking for the wiring diagrams - hoping I can figure out how to make it work without shorting out the truck.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I am interested in doing this on my 07 crewmax as well. Granted I have the SR5 with an aftermarket Pioneer Nav....what brand/kind of camera are you using?

·
Registered
32 Posts

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
look for my "budget versions of popular mods" thread....lots of us are getting rostra's fixed mount overhead monitor that plugs right in as well as an aftermarket camera (you have to run one wire for the camera...not hard at all) for 100 bucks total off ebay. love mine. pics in my gallery also.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the suggestions, but I want to put an upgraded camera and monitor with a GPS in, and I am really looking for the wiring info. Specifically, what each pin in the socket is for.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts