Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 prius with 25,000 miles. I know this may sound funny but it does happen. My car is black and on very hot days if the car has been sitting in the sun. When I get in and shift into drive or reverse the car will shift to neutral. I noticed this when I was in Florida for the month of March. It had not happen until last Friday the temp got up to 85 here in Lacomia, NH. The car had been sitting in my drive way in the sun and when I got in and tried to drive off the car shifted in to neutral. I can hold the shift in drive and drive it and after a while it will act normal again. I think it has to do with the heat build up in the car. Next time I get another warm day I am going to trey leaving the windows down and see if that makes a driffrence.

·
Retired Contributor
5,940 Posts
Replace the shifter assy. We have had several of them do this, I have one in the shop as I type this to you. PM me if you need a price on the shifter. I will need the VIN
It is warrantied for 3yr/36K miles, or MOST ext warran should cover this, but you'll have to read the fine print about what is/is not covered.
Each to change yourself too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts