Toyota Tundra Forums banner
61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Driver of 2 Tundra trucks
6,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Yep, carbon build up leads to preignition of fuel. GM had published TSB on how to burn it off by running WOT for a bit and quickly do a engine slow down , a few times. Idea is to heat up the carbon and then use sudden vacuum to knock it loose.
That sounds like the tried & true Italian Tune-Up for push rod engines... that works okay, but it's not going to clean out the oil delivery system like this product did.

·
Registered
2013 4.7 Dbl Cab, Texas Ed. 2WD
25 Posts
Yes, but you mentioned dieseling which is the preignition problem. Poor AFM or granny driving can lead to carbon build up.

Oil passages remain clear as long as proper filter changes and good oil (with good detergents) are used.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
6,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Yes, but you mentioned dieseling ...
No, I never said that it was dieseling - I said "The engine has always made a good bit of light Diesel noise while it idled, but it's also idles smooth and it runs great." It makes the click-clack kind of noise a diesel makes at idle. There is no ping, knock, or preignition.

·
6,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
I can finally testify that the wheel/tire/suspension combination currently on my RCSB kicks ass in the turns and curves.

I had a service call in Highlands, NC this morning and instead of entering town from the South on 106, I ended up shooting East across 64 out of Franklin, NC. What a treat this was for me... steering was exact and the truck remained level and planted... the BMW following me had a tough time keeping up... what a rush.

Plant Natural landscape Natural environment Road surface Asphalt

61 - 67 of 67 Posts