Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well fellas, finally got around to installing the Low Range Off Road 3/1 Leveling Kit this weekend on my RCSB. Turned out pretty good, the rake is pretty much all gone, maybe except for a tiny little bit. Truck rides just as good as stock and actually some of my bed bounce is reduced. I've never owned a lifted truck and it feels pretty good being even higher up than the stock Tundras :D.

I would like to thank mxsjw for all his help in answering my questions before I made this purchase. Without him, I would have puss'd out and had the stealership or 4wheelparts do the install for me. The install took about 5 hours this weekend to do with my brother. Pretty straightforward, their instruction manual is everything its billed to be - excellent with key pictures. I ran into no problems until I had about 10 beers in the hot sun and I had a little issue getting the front sway bar back :D. Otherwise, pretty much smooth sailing.

I was just looking in the engine bay as I am thinking of getting the TuRD CAI next and I noticed this little white container by the steering column. It's circled in red in my pictures, does anyone know what it holds and what it does? It's not power steering...

Enjoy.

Attachments

·
Registered
397 Posts
Nice truck!:tu: And that white thing would be your brake fluid;)

·
Registered
375 Posts
im glad the sell the kit serperately. i called and asked if i can just buy the front lift cause i personally think the rear lift just makes the rear higher still. lookin at ur pics its still a lil higher. without the rear block i think it would look perfect.

but either way your truck looks awesome. I never thought i would like rcsb's but i saw a couple of lifted ones and they look darn good!
Nice works congrats on the install!

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. Next step would probably be a bigger tire...maybe Nittos or Toyos? Any opinions/preferences?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Thats for your brake fluid, master cyliner just behind it

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
No problem buddy...looks great, nice work! :thumb:
Yes, like the others have said, that white container is the brake fluid reservoir.

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Thats for your brake fluid, master cyliner just behind it
master cylinder is below the white brake fluid reservoir. Behind it is the vacuum assisted brake booster (your power brakes). Disconnecting that big black vacuum tube on the left (in your pics) makes stopping an eye-opening experience!

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
2 very nice looking lifted slate metallic regular cabs! Points sent to both of you.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
They are the same truck aha :) I bought it from a dealer who he apparently traded it in to? Don't think he's on this forum anymore.. oh well!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Man!! Looks good but everyone was mistaken about the white container. I amm 99% sure that is your blinker fluid resevoir. :p

·
Registered
165 Posts
Lift looks good, btw you might want to consider an engine cleaning.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts