Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have 2007 Sequoia and would like to know if there is a way to re-active/program factory installed alarm - dealer gave me the option to buy that feature for a price and I chose not to. But I don't think they physically remove it if I chose not to buy that feature, they simply deactivate it. Does anyone has any clue? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The alarm is still there ans it's activated. Try opening one of your windows, and activate the lock mode on your remote keyless. Then manually unlock your door by reaching through the window, that should sound off the alarm. It is a bsaic alarm that will go off if they break yor window, if they open it with a key it wound sound off. The dealer was trying to scam you by telling you that they will install one and charge you for that. For better protection get a LOJACK. It is about 700 dollars installed, it is a GPS tracking device use by cops when your vehicle is stolen. it will alert you too if your car was moved without your knowledge. Good luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
I did exactly as you mention but the alarm did not sound off. I locked the car with the window down using the keyless remote. Then I reached in to unlock the car, and it was totally silent. Is there a switch to turn it on?

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello,

I have 2007 Sequoia and would like to know if there is a way to re-active/program factory installed alarm - dealer gave me the option to buy that feature for a price and I chose not to. But I don't think they physically remove it if I chose not to buy that feature, they simply deactivate it. Does anyone has any clue? Thanks in advance.
Did you have any success in having the alarm re-activated? If so, please let me know, I'm trying to get it active also. The dealer want to charge me $500 for it and I refused.

·
Registered
13 Posts
there is a 30 to 60 seconds delay. try it again and activate the lock mode on your remote. make sure there is a flashing red light next or below the odometer. wait about 60 seconds or more then reach through the window and open the door. the alarm will sound off. thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts