Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys!

I have a question Im hoping you guys can help me out with.
I have a 2007 Tacoma Prerunner. Next to the drivers side air vent (on the left side of the steering wheel) I have my button to turn on my fog light. Next the the factory button, there are (2) "dummy" buttons that dont push in. Im looking to take these (2) buttons out, and replace them with these switches ( Havis® Lighted SPST Rocker Switch ON/OFF C-SW-1 from SWPS.com ) Only thing is, when I remove the storage bin where the fuses are, I can not see up to the "dummy" buttons. I need to remove that part of the bottom half of the dash to gain access to it. How do you remove the dash? I do have (3) "dummy" buttons that I can get to above the storage bin, but I rather use the area next to my fog light button.

Any help would be appreciated.. Pictures are welcomed as well

Thanks!

·
Registered
252 Posts
i just have the 5 lugger so no fog lights

but those are just a dummy plug that just poops right out they pop out to the driver seat, not the front of the truck

just give them a little pull and you will see, nothing really holds them in!

i took one out when i added my fog lights and again when i needed a place to mount the led from my truck alarm.

with the plug out you can see back there to route wires or whatever

phantom

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Phantom- When I removed the dummy plug, I had to push it out from the bottom of the dash. There is not much room to grab ahold of and pull it out. Are you using some sort of tool to do this?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts