Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a 2007 Tacoma and I love it. Was wondering if anyone has managed to find the owner's manual online?

Also does anyone know of a kit or way to add an Aux input to the stereo system to permit playing of an Ipod or MP3 player. Seems a shame Toyta didn't include a minijack.

Thanks

Donnie

·
Registered
44 Posts
Congrats on the new Taco, I know of two aux adapters that will work, one made by Peripheral (find it on e-bay) or the USA SPEC (Crutchfields). I personally have the Pheripheral adapter, it was a lot cheaper and not on back order at the time I needed it. Good luck.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congrats on the new Taco, I know of two aux adapters that will work, one made by Peripheral (find it on e-bay) or the USA SPEC (Crutchfields). I personally have the Pheripheral adapter, it was a lot cheaper and not on back order at the time I needed it. Good luck.
Thank You! Thank You! I love this truck.

I will check out the adapters. I bought a new Creative Zen Player and it works well through the FM transmitter have, unfortunately there are so many radio stations in my area I can't find a clear channel to use. LOL

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you buy the truck used?, if not get dealer to supply you with manual.
Was a new truck purchase, however wanted an on line version of the manual to be available as a matter of convenience.

Actually had a manual on the car I traded in - a cherry 1998 Chevy Lumina with 38,000 miles.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yeah I have my Sirius running through its FM modulator, and it sucks for sure.
It sounds bad enough that I won't even bother using my mp3 player through the FM. I really liked the sound of both my Mp3 player and Sirius in my previous car with the aux input so I am looking forward to installing one.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Couldn;t find the DF-Toy at Crutchfields out of stock but found one at the same price at HawkExpress.com

Ordered on line on Monday and the thing arrived via UPS ground shipping at my home on Thursday.

I thoiught about installing the thing myself, but because I am recovering from a detached retina and things still blurry up close I said to heck with it, stopped by Radio Shack bought the RCA cables and headed over to best Buy.

Hit the place early this morning at 10 and the kid said if no one showed up for their 10 o clock appts by 1030 he'd install the thing. So for $50 he did it and in between the other various duties he had to perform it took him about an hour.

Somebody sold me Creative Zen M Vision player brand new for $25 so we hooked the thing up and man the thing plays perfectly. Sounds just like a CD player. Amazing.

The actual installation is very easy and the bulk of the work is removing the stereo from the das which takes about 10 minutes. LOL!

To complete the entire task should take no more that 20-25 minutes.

Thanks for the tip on the DF-Toy Works like a charm

And in case anyone needs to know I have the standard radio with the one disc cd in the truck and this unit does work with that unit. The cartom is even labeld for tacoma up to year 2007.

Sure hope toyota gets the manufacturer of these radios to start putting in an audio jack with the unit and save us all the trouble and expense of doing it ourselves.

Taco now juut about a month old 6324 miles. I love this truck. I;ve had Trans Am. Vans. a Mazda truck and a couple other cars and I can honestly say I've never liked a new vehicle as much as I do this one. I liked it when I saw it on the lot but I loved it when I got it home.

It's fun to drive and has lots of room in the interior. I do wished it had a tailgate lock though - neighbors around here are thieves. LOL

·
Premium Member
668 Posts
As part of joining as a subscriber, I received access to a pdf of my 06 tacoma manual as well as many other extras. The benefits far outweigh the nominal fee. :tu: Maybe the same thing exists for the 07? You can always pm the admins and find out.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As part of joining as a subscriber, I received access to a pdf of my 06 tacoma manual as well as many other extras. The benefits far outweigh the nominal fee. :tu: Maybe the same thing exists for the 07? You can always pm the admins and find out.
A most excellent suggestion. :ts:

·
Registered
36 Posts
I am glad to hear that works so well, I am looking forward to getting one and installing it as soon as I get time!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am glad to hear that works so well, I am looking forward to getting one and installing it as soon as I get time!

Since this DFTOY has two input jacks and for some reason yet unknown to me I wish to access the second input I decided not to bury the gizmo in the dash. I bought some high quality Velcro at Wal-Mart in the fabric section and slapped the thing on the duct work right behind the console with the jacks facing down. Then bundled the RCA cable and buried it under the carpet behind the console and run the cable under the edge and full length of the console and left about two feet of it sticking out between the seat. It folds up neatly and is pretty unnoticeable. I can just pull it up whenever I need to hook up my mp3 player.

It does sound great. I was amazed. Of course the quality of the mp3 file on your player has a lot to do with it. Mine are all 320 kbps 44,100 or better.

This DFTOY is hard to find. Crutchfield out of stock but lucked out and found it for the identical price at HawkExpress.com

Good Luck.

Man I love this truck am getting 22 mpg just running around my town and in the suburbs and not a lot of highway driving yet. Maybe 100 miles of highway driving so far. Of course I don't stomp on the gas whenever a red light changes and no hard stops either. I am just babying this thing and breaking it nice and easy. I love this truck

Planning on taking a one way trip back to Florida in the near future and then a vacation out in Arizona shortly thereafter. This is going to be a nice ride.

Which reminds me I need one bug deflector. LOL!

Good Luck with your DFTOY

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hey thanks, I appreicate the additional information. I was planning on putting it in the center console that way both my sirius and mp3 player can be out of sight, but can still easily access everything. I will post a pic if I ever get a day off work to do it. My last car was a 07 civic si and loved the aux input, never had to carry a CD with me.

I also love my Tacoma, my next one will be a V6 or who knows maybe a V8 by then. For the deal I got on it and my commute I can't complain. I can honestly say that up to this point I have never been all around as happy with any vehicle I have owned before.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just purchased a 2007 Tacoma and I love it. Was wondering if anyone has managed to find the owner's manual online?

Also does anyone know of a kit or way to add an Aux input to the stereo system to permit playing of an Ipod or MP3 player. Seems a shame Toyta didn't include a minijack.

Thanks

Donnie
Just a quick comment about the Owners Manual. Has anyone noticed that there are no procedures for changing the engine/trans/diff oil, changing the coolant, etc... Pisses me off how Toyota thinks that everyone is going to take their truck somewhere (I wonder where:rolleyes: ) to have this routine maintenance done.

There is however about 100 pages of gobbelty gook about car seats and air bags. Afraid of the scumbag lawyers I guess....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts