Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you get a 2007 CM Tundra 4x4 (TRD) with the available 20" wheels/tires? If so, are they offroad tires? Or is the TRD package only available with the 18's?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yes you can get the Tundra Crew Max 4x4 with the 20 inch wheels w the TRD package. It was an option for me with even with the TRD package on my Crew Max. I prefer the TRD 18 wheel just not the tire Toyota decided to put on.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do they put offroad tires on the 20" rims? The few DC's I've seen with 20" wheels have street tires on them.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I think the reason that the 18s are standard with the TRD package is to help minimize flats tires and damaged rims while off-road. The talled sidewalls of the 18s provide more damage control than the 20s will. If your truck only sees normal on-road use then 20s will be alright. I wouldn't go anyplace rocky with 20s. You may end up buying replacement wheels and tires.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, if I go to the dealership and order a 4x4 CM with TRD and I tell them I want the 20" wheels, will it come with 20" street tires or will it come with 20" BFG rugged trails?

·
Registered
357 Posts
OK, if I go to the dealership and order a 4x4 CM with TRD and I tell them I want the 20" wheels, will it come with 20" street tires or will it come with 20" BFG rugged trails?
street tires, unless you order the 20" as an accessory and then pick the tires. Also I do not think you can get the 20" wheels and the TRD package.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just replaced my 18" OEM's with the 20" Carved Alloy wheels offered by Toyota. Now everytime I press on the brakes I hear a clunking sound in the calipers. Have any of you experienced this? I am wondering if the noise will go away after I recalibrate the Tire Pressure Sensor.

HELP

·
Registered
595 Posts
Make sure they are properly installed and tightened. There should be no reason for clunking noises.

·
Deliciously Blunt
5,667 Posts
I think the reason that the 18s are standard with the TRD package is to help minimize flats tires and damaged rims while off-road. The talled sidewalls of the 18s provide more damage control than the 20s will. If your truck only sees normal on-road use then 20s will be alright. I wouldn't go anyplace rocky with 20s. You may end up buying replacement wheels and tires.
Ditto, 20s don't belong offroad...in fact, I wouldn't want anything larger than an 18...more sidewall=better.

·
Deliciously Blunt
5,667 Posts
The BFGs will be too high profile...they will give you street tires.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts