Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of installing a Pioneer Avic Z2 into my truck. Getting everything ready at this point.
I'm a little unclear about which Speed Sensor wire should be used for the Nav unit. Especially since it's a can buss type unit, I'm concerned about tapping into it. Can anyone shed some light on it?
Based on the Wiring Schematic, it shows any one of these could be used? Which would be best?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Looks like I was able to answer my own question: See image below. I plan on using this wire if this is not correct, I will advise.

·
Banned
8,335 Posts
I'm in the process of installing a Pioneer Avic Z2 into my truck. Getting everything ready at this point.
I'm a little unclear about which Speed Sensor wire should be used for the Nav unit. Especially since it's a can buss type unit, I'm concerned about tapping into it. Can anyone shed some light on it?
Based on the Wiring Schematic, it shows any one of these could be used? Which would be best?

I'll ask my installer who installed My pioneer z1/z2 and ask which wire it was on The Tundra they should have the same color coding as pasted Tundra's...
You will enjoy your Z2 it's much better then factory I know I like mine:sleep:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll ask my installer who installed My pioneer z1/z2 and ask which wire it was on The Tundra they should have the same color coding as pasted Tundra's...
You will enjoy your Z2 it's much better then factory I know I like mine:sleep:

Thanks, really appreciate it. I have a AVIC N1 now in my 4RUNNER and I really like the system. From what I can tell the z2 is night and day different. Much better than stock system.

·
Registered
127 Posts
How did the install go?

Any pictures?

I'm planning on installing the same nav unit when my truck gets here next week.

Also, did you have factory steering wheel controls? And do you know if the Z2 can use the factory steering wheel buttons?

I'm especially interested in being able to use the Phone Pick up and Hang Up buttons with my bluetooth phone.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How did the install go?

Any pictures?

I'm planning on installing the same nav unit when my truck gets here next week.

Also, did you have factory steering wheel controls? And do you know if the Z2 can use the factory steering wheel buttons?

I'm especially interested in being able to use the Phone Pick up and Hang Up buttons with my bluetooth phone.

At this point, I'm held up waiting for the Metra/scosche dash kit. I have however been able to mount a sub, amp, rear camera. etc. I don't have the factory steering controls. I plan on using the Pioneer cd-sr1 .
Once I have the dask kit I will post some pic's should be pretty straight forward.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I ended up not getting the steering wheel controls either.

I'm also thinking about getting the Z1 instead of the Z2, since there is no hack to allow video in motion with the Z2. From what I can tell, the units are almost identical.

What back up camera did you go with and where did you mount it?

I noticed you can buy the OEM camera only, and according to the description it just "snaps into" the tailgate handle.

Sparks Toyota

Also interested in what speakers, amp, sub you went with and how you mounted it.

My Tundra doesn't arrive until June 7th, so it's driving me nuts not even know what size speakers fit in the doors and where.

I want to go with 6 1/2 components in the front and a jl 10w1 sub in the rear. I wish JL would come out with a stealth box, but if not, I'm going to have to figure something creative.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm using a Pioneer Camera. (The Toyota Camera, is not wired with a composite output.) I did not want to mess around with the wiring. So I chose the pioneer. Pretty easy and straight forward. I mounted it in the Tailgate handle. It's angled the best there with good clearance, visibility and adjustability.

I'm also running Polk DB 6500 speakers. I had to really work to get them to fit. But in the end I really like them. I actually had them from a prior install I never finished. So I decided to make them truck.

Here's a breakdown of my system:
Tundra SystemXM NAV Unit: Pioneer Avic Z2Cost Includes Shipping NO TAX $1528.00 off ebay iPod® Direct Control Cable*CD-IB100II0Bluetooth Wireless AdapterND-BT196.95XM Satellite Radio Tuner with XM NavTraffic**GEX-P10XMT152.98Universal Rear-View CameraND-BC2175Remote ControlCD-SR125CD-RV130Pioneer AVD-W8000 8.0" Rear LCD Video Monitor0Total$2,008.83 Quantum Cozmik 3000Watt AmpQCA3000D187.95Quantum Cozmik 10" DVC SUBQCW10D498.99Total286.94Grand$2,295.77

Here's some picks so far:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wish JL would come out with a stealth box, but if not, I'm going to have to figure something creative.[/quote]

BTW, Here's my 10" Cozmik by Quantum Audio. It hits so hard its truly an amazing speaker for the money.

Also come with a remote mounted adjustment for the bass. Works good with the stock head unit. Of course it will all be different when I have the Z2 Mounted!

·
Banned
8,335 Posts
I'm using a Pioneer Camera. (The Toyota Camera, is not wired with a composite output.) I did not want to mess around with the wiring. So I chose the pioneer. Pretty easy and straight forward. I mounted it in the Tailgate handle. It's angled the best there with good clearance, visibility and adjustability.

I'm also running Polk DB 6500 speakers. I had to really work to get them to fit. But in the end I really like them. I actually had them from a prior install I never finished. So I decided to make them truck.

Here's a breakdown of my system:
Tundra SystemXM NAV Unit: Pioneer Avic Z2Cost Includes Shipping NO TAXInformation$1,528.90 iPod® Direct Control Cable*CD-IB100II0Bluetooth Wireless AdapterND-BT196.95XM Satellite Radio Tuner with XM NavTraffic**GEX-P10XMT152.98Universal Rear-View CameraND-BC2175Remote ControlCD-SR125CD-RV130Pioneer AVD-W8000 8.0" Rear LCD Video Monitor0Total$2,008.83 Quantum Cozmik 3000Watt AmpQCA3000D187.95Quantum Cozmik 10" DVC SUBQCW10D498.99Total286.94Grand$2,295.77

Here's some picks so far:

There is a Hack out for Pioneer avic system on dvd playback Pm me and i'll provide you a link to the Pioneer Fourm's. Your getting a nicer system by the way vs Boring Toyota stock and I payed pretty much the same for My Z1 which is based on z2 (same unit)..

ERik

·
Registered
74 Posts
Does your truck have the JBL audio system? How did you deal with the factory sub? Did you have to slide the seat forward to allow for the new sub?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts