Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm installing a Blaupunkt San Antonio 640 to replace the OEM head unit here this weekend. Blaupunkt San Antonio 640 Navigation receiver at Crutchfield.com

At some point soon, I'll probably want to do the speakers also and do some level of vibration damping material. I don't like blasting music crazy loud, and I hate the subwoofer sound of just rattling and shaking things. I prefer things to just sound CLEAN. I listen to everything from metal to classical to whatever else, and I like phone calls to sound clean and professional.

Since the backseat has the underseat toolbox in it that I use all the time, I have no intention of putting in subs.

So, what would the best inexpensive speaker set be that could go in to accompany that head unit? Again, no subs, prefer no amp, but not opposed to it if it's going to make THAT much of a difference.

Also, WTF size speakers does this thing take? I haven't seen the same answer twice from any of the websites.

Thanks in advance!

·
Driver of 2 Tundra trucks
6,170 Posts
I replaced the factory head unit with this one by Kenwood, and the two door speakers were replaced with FOCAL 6x9 co-ax. The sound quality is much better that the factory set up, but it lacks bottom end... a small under seat Kenwood sub woofer will be installed tomorrow. The sub is small enough to add bass sound without rattling anything.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I replaced the factory head unit with this one by Kenwood, and the two door speakers were replaced with FOCAL 6x9 co-ax. The sound quality is much better that the factory set up, but it lacks bottom end... a small under seat Kenwood sub woofer will be installed tomorrow. The sub is small enough to add bass sound without rattling anything.
I know this is a bit old, but what box did you use for the Sub? I'm having trouble finding a box which fits under the seats with out raising them up a bit (making the seat sit at an angle)

·
Driver of 2 Tundra trucks
6,170 Posts
I know this is a bit old, but what box did you use for the Sub? I'm having trouble finding a box which fits under the seats with out raising them up a bit (making the seat sit at an angle)
I used a self contained sub, Kenwood KSC-SW11

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
H2O_MAN
Toyota Tundra Forums
Tundra Solutions Forum - the best community to talk, mods, price, repair and research your Toyota!
Full Forum Listing