Toyota Tundra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to disable the Seat Belt Buzzer on the 2007 Tundras? I love my Tundra, but the Buzzer is gonna drive me crazy!

Thanks,
Southernhick

·
Super Genius
920 Posts
Simple. Order a free seatbelt extender from your dealer. Insert into the buckle for the unoccupied seat and no more buzzer. Remove when the seat is in use and the buzzer works fine again. You could also splice a toggle switch inline with the seatbelt sensor and store it under the seat, but then you have to remember to turn it on or off and it could be unsafe if you forget about it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just wondering if Toyota had a sequence to disable like my 2004 Ford F350. I think on the Ford it was something like...turn on key...latch seatbelt..unlatch...latch...unlatch...latch...unlatch...floor gas....and then it was disabled.

I'm not pick'n it worked and was in the manual.

Does anyone know if Toyota has anything like that?

Thanks,
Southernhick

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
What about those of us w/o the info display? Any way to disable the seatbelt ding and the beep when locking/unlocking the doors w/o going to the dealer?

EDIT: Also, I just searched a few times and got 1 other thread w/ no real answers either.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I would like to disable the seatbelt buzzers too, but I don't have the info display either. Anyone know how to do this?

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
Passenger side can be shut off by the dealer.

Drivers side has 4 choices
1-Wear your seatbelt:D
2-Buy or obtain the seatbelt extender and clip it in.:)
3-Clip in the seatbelt and sit on top of it.:eek:
4-Wire Snips or a M-80.:cry:

·
Super Genius
920 Posts
The bottom line is that manufacturers don't want the liability of being sued when you kill or injure yourself by not wearing your seatbelt so they aren't likely to make it easy for you to disable key safety features like the warning light and buzzer. I am sure they deliberately made it irritating so you would just wear your seat belt to shut it up.

If you want to shut it off so badly why don't you just get the seatbelt extender or wire in a toggle switch under the seat like I originally suggested? Or clip your seat belt behind the seat or sit on top of it like the other guy suggested?

If there was a magic configuration option out there then it would have been posted by now along with the other documents. What is so bad about just wearing your seat belt anyway?

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I was in a wreck when I was 16 years old where I was thrown 80ft out the drivers window. I did not have my seatbelt on. Had I been wearing my seatbelt, I would not be here today as the cab of the truck was essentially destroyed. Seatbelts are not the end all/be all of safety they are made out to be. For that very reason, I have deeply personal reasons behind not wanting to wear one.

·
Registered
361 Posts
From the NTSB website:

"In fatal crashes in 2004, 74 percent of passenger vehicle occupants who were totally ejected from the vehicle were killed."

Although I'm glad you were one of the 26% that survived I'd still take a 3 to 1 better chance of survival by being belted and staying in the vehicle.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm not advocating not wearing seat belts. I wear mine on public roads. But, I don't wear it going between buildings at work. Where I work there are 6 different buildings and I have to go between them a lot. They are connected by private roads/parking lots. Speeds of 20 mph or less. I used to just jump in my chevy without putting my seatbelt on to run between buildings. With this truck, I have to put on the seatbelt everytime. It's just an inconvenience, that's all. I would rather not have the buzzer because of this. And for those of you that are going to say I need the seatbelt for 20mph, I've fallen off a bicycle many times going faster than that and not been hurt. I don't need to wear the seatbelt driving thru the parking lots. I guess I just need to locate the switch and put a jumper in there.

·
Registered
32,593 Posts
Pull it out a little further and run it under the vertical portion of the seat so you can clip it in. :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
There is nothing illegal about disabling a buzzer and I don't need the State, Federal Government, or you two goofballs telling me to wear my seatbeat.

It's not like other manufactures don't offer this capability. Seeing how good Toyota is....I assumed that they would have this capability.

So if anyone ELSE on this forum knows....please reply.

Thanks,
Southernhick

1 - 20 of 143 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.