Toyota Tundra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
6'2" here. I find the headroom good. As the the sightline out the window, it's actually the sunvisor that hangs down and causes a lower view. I swung it out of the way and the actual roof/windshield join is at a good level. Still a little lower than my previous vehicle. However, it really doesn't bother me.

I think that even though people might be the same height, it is "where" the height is (torso or legs) that might spell the difference. I have longer legs compared to my torso.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I'm 6'5", and when I sat in one it felt a lot like my wife's 4Runner as far as headroom goes.

Can the 07 be ordered without power seats? I used to be a Firebird guy (hence my screenname), and I couldn't fit well in a Trans Am, because they all came with power seats from 1998 onward. However a Formula Firebird with manual seats worked real well for me. Since they didn't have to cram a motor underneath the seat, it sat a little lower, which made all the difference for me. If you really want an 07, see if you can get one with manual seats, and see if it makes a difference. Something to think about at least.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yea i had a 2002 z28 then i traded that in for my tundra im 5'11 but still...I gotta lean back my seat a lil and get my lean on to in the tundra ...buts thats how i roll..

·
Registered
5 Posts
6'4" and 250 with the "Limited" seat. Depending on the seatback tilt I get around a 3/4" to 1" clearance. Some static electricity with the hair. I have only had the truck 1 day now. It would be very nice if the seat would lower about an 1" or 2". The moon roof does help on the right side of the head but I agree the limited driver's seat is "limited".

I may end up following the advice on the link above. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am 6'9" and I think that the new Tundra has more interior room than any truck that I have ever sat in. It is also the most comfortable truck that I have ever sat in, love the leather seats. I have a Dodge Ram Quad Cab now, and there is more leg room, shoulder room, and head room for me. I wanted the moon roof, but the ceiling was hitting my head. This would probably be true in most vehicles with a moon roof, you lose headroom. Thats my opinion at least, its all personal preference. You have to go with what you like and whats the most comfortable.

***On order: Silver '07 CM SR5 TRD w/leather seats

·
Registered
13 Posts
For me, I went with the all power seats. The bench seat and the seat that comes standard on the SR5 was not comfortable at all. I positioned the seat all the way back and tilted the back part of the seat all the way down and the front part of the seat up a little bit to give the back of my legs more support. I have a normal reclining position on the seat, nothing "gangster" though. I find the seats really comfortable and fits my body extremely well. I always have problems with the seat backs in trucks not being tall enough. They usually hit me in the shoulder blade area and not comfortable really at all. The new Tundra seats give me full back and shoulder coverage, with the top hitting me at the top of my shoulders. I have great visibility for me, much better than my Dodge's and Chevy's over the years.

·
Registered
150 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
I drive in an upright position, like in an old-fashioned (real)truck. Compounding the problem is, as I mentioned, my long upper body, equal to an average 6'6" person. I could comfortably wear a big ol cowboy hat in my Ford; in the Tundra my head almost touches the roof.
So.... go buy something else. And move on.

Jim

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm 6' 5" and I can't even touch the roof with my head if I try real hard.

As I said in another thread, you must have some short legs.

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
This is as good as a couple weeks ago when it was. "my tiny legs and arms won't reach the pedals and steering wheel, so Toyota sucks cause I am not normal" whatever:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Sounds like a Ford/GM guy just trying to stir up trouble. I am 6' 1" and I have plenty of room in my DC....even while wearing my black cowboy hat.
Go figure!!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.