Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading alot of the posts here I am getting tired of people nit-picking the new tundra. Most have not driven this truck more than a few miles on a test drive. So, whoever has actually bought a 2007 Tundra What do you love about it.

Here's my list of what I love about mine.

1. Front seats are the most comfortable I have ever sat in.(I have a manual, bench)

2. Dual climate controls are great (never had that before). Also the floor heating ducts are wide and heat the whole space not just at one spot. The truck also heats up to temp. after about a mile of driving.

3. The short nose gives great visibility in front of the truck.

4. The side mirrors are large for a great rear-view. The only problem with that is it makes a blind spot behind them but I have heard that happens with all makes of trucks.

5. I love the looks of the outside of the truck. It's distinctive, it doesn't look like all the other trucks on the road. I don't have any problem finding my truck in a parking lot.

6. The ride and handleing are great. I live on a gravel, private road and it takes the pot-holes no problem. No rear-end sliding around going over them, and its smooth. On the paved roads there is no wandering. It glides around corners with very little roll. It's also very easy to stay at the one speed, no finding your going 15mph over the limit without using the throttle.

7. Of course the 5.7l enginge and 6-speed tranny are awesome. There is no comparison with any other truck mach-up anywhere. It's smooth and powerfull. I would almost say the engine is too powerfull, but can you really have too much power. Anytime you need power and acceleration its there no matter what speed your going, I have not found any dead spots were power was lacking. The downshifting while going down a hill is a nice added feature.

I could go on but I don't want too long of a post. I'll finish by saying that it's a fun truck to drive. My wife loves it. She hates driving but now when we go somewhere she will jump into the drivers seat and make me ride shotgun. I'm glad she likes it but I want to drive it too.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I hear ya dMaddog0, I upgraded from the '05 dblcab to an '07 dbl cab.

1. I love the tighter turning radius on this truck!

2. I love the seats...I didn't want leather, but I did want power adj. with lumbar support. Finally, Toyota offered this interior package!

3. I love the layout of the interior...everything is exactly where I want it with out having to reach for anything!

4. I love all of the storage compartments...dbl glove boxes, multiple sunglass holders, enourmous center storage console, door storage compartments!

5. The engine, OH, who couldn't love this engine!

6. I love the fact that I have yet to see another one on the road and everybody ogles the hell out of it (short lived I know)!

7. I love that they finally added the subwoofer to the stereo. Big improvement to the sound quality!

8. Love the telescoping steering wheel!

I too could go on for ever, so I'll close with saying, "Nice job Toyota"!!!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Something funny that i've never done. I told the Salesman not to tell me anything about it. When i saw it on the lot, i fell in love. I actually went into the Dealership to test drive the FJ Cruiser and saw the Tundra. For the same price of an FJ, I got Leather Seats, CF Dash, 20 Inch Rims, 381 HORSEPOWER and enough room to fit Shamu

Anyways needless to say, i went back and bought the tundra a week later. Im still finding things i would have never found in any other truck for the price

My favorites:

1.) The Motor. Hot diggity Dangit. 381 from a Toyota? From a Japanese Car maker???

2.) Gas Mileage. (i know it sounds crazy) but if you compare it to all the other trucks of its size, its awesome. AND it takes 87!!

3.) My leather seats (lazyboys) I actually didnt want leather this time around, but when i saw the black leather... i had to.

4.) SIZE matters. I love the roomy-ness of interior. Funny story, when i was looking at 4 door SUV's/Trucks, i had grandma in mind. Could she easily climb in and climb out without breaking a hip? (SERIOUS!)

5.) I didnt know i had dual climate control until a day afterwards, my girlfriend asked me why i had two of the same dials. Haha, i love her.

6.) A thousand and one compartments is really nice. A neat freak/pack rat like me appreciates it.

7.) I didnt know it came with Sequential Shifting until I drove it off the lot.

8.) I did not start giggling like a little girl until 5 minutes after i rolled of the lot. I pulled up next to a F250 and looked down at the driver look up at me. Thats when i knew I bought the perfect truck for me.

9.) Oh yes, the 20 inch BBS rims that came on it. If you're gonna buy a 'luxury' class truck, you gotta have some rims on it.

10.) The fact that i have a 'luxury' truck and that i can still take it off roading if i needed to. Because it was built for it.

Form follows Function.

I'm still learning new things about this truck. I thought it was so funny to tell the salesman not to tell me anything about it. I knew it was a great truck. I read this forum for a week before i bought it.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
The hemi.:D

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Hey...what's not to love? I've not had a single issue and I'm approaching 19,000 miles. LOVE this truck!!!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Everything except the payments LOL......

·
Registered
506 Posts
Its a full size TOYOTA truck, whats not to love.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Everthing that everone has already mentioned.
Also, I have the moonroof and power back windshield. I love this combo because I get all the air I need, but much less windy and noisy than rolling down the side windows.

·
Registered
340 Posts
It spends more time in my driveway than it does in the dealers....... Sorry this is my first toyota.

·
Registered
340 Posts
okay maybe the seats are comfy and it has actual 8' bed, six speed tranny and i can actaully get almost 17mpg ....but the best part is the towing mirrors!

·
Premium Member
1,716 Posts
One thing nobody mentioned......the cupholders. They are big enough to hold just about anything Big Gulp or Route 44, no problem. I noticed that the new Highlanders (which I see everywhere) have similar cupholders.

·
Registered
16 Posts
to steel a line from a Cadilac . when I turn on my 5.7 Tundra it returns the faver.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I love this truck. I was given a hypothetical question about what vehicle I would buy if I had unlimited funds, but could only buy one vehicle. I couldn't come up with anything other than a REALLY tricked out version of what I already have. It works for me.

Having said that, I really wish they had included memory seats/mirrors as on option on the DC. This is really my only "complaint". Once a month when I'm too lit to drive myself, my better half screws them all up.:p

·
Registered
307 Posts
to steel a line from a Cadilac . when I turn on my 5.7 Tundra it returns the faver.

I will second that! I have 4000 miles on mine and love it. The one thing I would like changed and might ask the dealer to do at my first oilchange is have all the doors open with the first press of the keyfob.

Mark

·
Registered
112 Posts
I truly love this truck! I moved up from an 06 tundra dc to my 08 tundra rcsb. The 06 was a great truck, but it didn't hold a candle to this beast. I can't even begin to think of something that I don't like about it. Who couldn't nit-pick things here and there? But actual complaints? I think not!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts