Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on my way home tonight, a white 2007 regular cab short bed Tundra just happened to pull along side me at a quiet street near my house. the road is really wide and it's pretty much always dead as far as traffic goes. so the driver and his friend are revving up while i'm driving along, and i just glance at them. this is only the 2nd 2007 Tundra i've seen in my town so far....so i thought....eh....why not give it a go and see what this truck is made of? so yeah....i raced them...atleast it was on a desolate street..and i pulled away from them coming from a dead stop! i'm not sure what type of engine they had in that regular cab......but if it was the v8....i'm hoping that the driver just sucked!

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
i just saw one today at my dealer. it was just a reg cab short bed 5.7 V8 on 20's. it had the same color as the taco x-runner blue. doesn't look too bad at all...

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
on my way home tonight, a white 2007 regular cab short bed Tundra just happened to pull along side me at a quiet street near my house. the road is really wide and it's pretty much always dead as far as traffic goes. so the driver and his friend are revving up while i'm driving along, and i just glance at them. this is only the 2nd 2007 Tundra i've seen in my town so far....so i thought....eh....why not give it a go and see what this truck is made of? so yeah....i raced them...atleast it was on a desolate street..and i pulled away from them coming from a dead stop! i'm not sure what type of engine they had in that regular cab......but if it was the v8....i'm hoping that the driver just sucked!
hmm i wonder if it was the 4.7 or the 5.7

·
Registered
961 Posts
Most likely it was a 6 cyl.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Or the 4.7. Same motor as us but in a larger heavier truck.

·
Banned
8,335 Posts
personally I think the crew max engine drove like the dog I tested the other day wasn't too impressived on my 2nd test drive on that I felt my access cab has more power offline vs the additional weight the crew max had from it's new dual vvti 5.7 liter iforce. I hate to see what the 4.7 liter was like on the crew max that really is a dog and Mpg is worst like 14 city 18 highway vs 16 city 20 hwy with 5.7 liter.I have to say I would invest the money on the 5.7 liter v8 in the crewmax any other engine is totally unacceptable in a truck in this class..

·
Registered
387 Posts
There's nothing impressive about the 07 Tundra no matter what model. It's got to be the ugliest of any 07 truck. The doublecab is really an access cab and the crewmax, well I wouldn't even call it a truck since it doesn't have a fullsize truck bed, it's basically an oversized SUV.
I have only seen 1 on the road and have seen 2 at used dealerships already. How sad is that.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I looked at a couple of white 2007 regular cabs at the dealer yesterday, Sunday. The dealer is closed Sundays and you can look at the vehicles on the lot without salesmen swarming over you. One regular cab was pretty much loaded and with the 5.7 liter engine listed at over $30,000.00. The V-6 regular cab listed at almost $25,000.00. I don't see how they can compete at those prices.

·
Registered
66 Posts
My 2000 reg cab walked a buddy's loaded 07 reg cab. Granted exhaust headers, chip, and intake mods have a hand in it. But the 33,000 he invested (tax inc) compared to 7000 for the truck and 2000 in mods isnt worth it. I like the truck dont get me wrong, but I like the old one better and a TRD supercharger (if I ever find one) will only make a yoter scream even louder.

·
Registered
961 Posts
My 2000 reg cab walked a buddy's loaded 07 reg cab. Granted exhaust headers, chip, and intake mods have a hand in it. But the 33,000 he invested (tax inc) compared to 7000 for the truck and 2000 in mods isnt worth it. I like the truck dont get me wrong, but I like the old one better and a TRD supercharger (if I ever find one) will only make a yoter scream even louder.
V6? 4.7? A 2007 2wd RCSB 5.7 would blow the doors off a 2000 Tundra, no matter what mods were done.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts